Thursday, December 28, 2017

Baby, It's Cold Outside!!!!!!!!






Yup, it's that time of year! The time when parts of our province are actually colder than the North and South Poles! When boiling water turns instantly to mist, exposed skin freezes in a matter of a couple of minutes, and it hurts to breathe without using your scarf as a filtre.


Although this gives ample reason to stay indoors, play board games and watch movies, it's pretty hazardous to those who have to travel or work outside. 

It must also be a shock to those neighbours who are spending their first ever winter in this type of climate. I've never lived anywhere else, and it's tough, I can't imagine what it must feel like, if, last winter, you were residing in a much warmer part of the world.

Might be a good time to go through closets, put our hands on heavy winter coats we no longer wear, find an appropriate charity and make some room!

A New Year stretches before us, full of surprises, adventures awesome things, and, very likely, some, not so awesome things. I look forward to the ride!

Now, some New Year's Resolutions...........

Dear 2018 I hereby promise the following


1. I will absolutely not be opening for Kenye West in Madison Square Garden.


2. I, most definitely will be partaking in some grown-up beverages and some form of chocolate.


3. I will refrain from running marathons.......on my hands.


4. I will absolutely be attending book-related events, meeting new people, and having a blast.


5. I will not be participating in any conga lines in the South of France.


6. I will continue down an avenue that involves the Toronto Film School.


7. I will not be learning to parkour, using Manhattan rooftops as my playground.


8. I will most certainly be singing some karaoke somewhere, at some time, more than once.


9. I will not ride pajama wearing zebras in tornadoes or hurricanes.


10. I will be working on my next Children's book, and other projects.


I vow to do my very best to stick to these resolutions.


******************************************************


Well, Christmas was fast, furious, fantastic, and, of course, included at least one sicky. In this case two. One grandbaby and one Son-in-law were down for the count. It wouldn't be Christmas without at least one fever and a few chills! Once medication and some naps were added to the mix, a relatively good time was still able to be had.

Now, on to the New Year! I can't, nor would I want to, greet a New Year without a look back a few years. This year, it will be 28. New Year's Day, 1990 we welcomed our third daughter to our growing family. A firecracker, for sure, and the red hair to prove it, but, also a kind, generous, warm, loving, loyal person. But, never mistake her kindness for weakness. That, my friends, would be a mistake.

As you welcome the new year, take a moment to reflect, wish 2017 a fond farewell, then, turn and give 2018 a big ol' smooch!

Looking forward to see what 2018 has in store!



************************************************


See you next year! Until then........


May you ring in the new year full of hope, full of laughter, toasting to all great things to come.
May your fond farewell to the past be filled with gratitude for what was, and wasn't, for need the bad with the good to create a complete sum.

May you walk into the new year a kinder, more patient, happier version of yourself.
May you do this, even without the snitching threat of that crazy elf on a shelf.

May this new year bring you everything that makes your heart sing and your soul smile.
May you greet this new chapter with grace, remembering all good things come, but sometimes, you just have to wait a while.



**************************************************

Happy New Year!


www.margyreidbooks.com     





























No comments:

Post a Comment