Friday, May 11, 2018

Happy Mommy Day!





Hi!

To my kids,


As they laid you upon my chest, I knew I had become what I had always been meant to be.

When your smile began to include your eyes, the first hints of your personality began to make themselves known. You were so sweet and funny, and just mischievous enough to make life interesting.

You were on the verge of taking your first steps when you became a big sister for the first time.

As they laid you upon my chest, I knew I had become what I had always been meant to be.

When you were no bigger than a minute, the fierce, yet somehow quiet independence that would one day become your secret superpower, was unmistakable. You shared your sister's mischievous nature, each coming up with new and wonderful ways to find adventure every single day.

You were on the verge of graduating from diapers when you became a big sister for the first time.

As they laid you upon my chest, I knew I had become what I had always been meant to be.

When you were not yet even able to utter a single word, you were already beginning to develop and put to good use, your powers of persuasion. Your sisters would bring you toys, laying them within your reach at the first sign of a discontented squeak.

You had just taken your first steps when you became a big sister.

As they laid you upon my chest, I knew I had become what I had always been meant to be.

When you were so small, often surrounded by toddler filled chaos, your calm, content nature and willingness to be entertained by the busy beautiful noise was an awesome gift. You loved to giggle at your sisters' antics, listening and learning in a state constant observation.

You were the last to be laid upon my chest.

As the years have sped by, I've been in awe of all of you. Your strength, your resilience, your character, the fundamental kindness with which you approach the world astounds me. The four of you were why I was put on this earth. I know that with everything I am, and would not change one crazy second.

As they laid you upon my daughter's chest,  I knew I had become what I had always been meant to be....


*********************************************************

For the Moms...

May your day be filled with breakfast in bed, observed closely by the excited eyes of sticky-fingered, tiny chefs of questionable skill.
May you absorb the sheer joy as you receive the macaroni jewelry, plaster of Paris handprints, and glittery cards covered in frill.

May your day include some time alone, with not one bang on the door as you rediscover what it's like to soak in a tub.
May your hands get a break from all chores, your mind relief from answering questions, your feet a deep and soothing rub.

May you, even when it all seems too much, remember this is the best thing you can ever hope to do.
May you, even when it all seems too much, remember this is the best thing you can ever hope to do.


www.margyreidbooks.com 







No comments:

Post a Comment