Friday, October 11, 2019

A Time To Be Thankful...






                               
                                   





             


                           Hi!


    Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow Canucks! No matter where you live, no matter if Thanksgiving exists where you live, being grateful is always a good idea.

Gratitude looks different for everyone. What you're grateful for, how you express it, 

When I look around the globe, the war, the wildfires, the violence, it can be easy to fall into a place where it can be hard to see something to be grateful for.

The devastated people being displaced, scrambling for some semblance of safety. Their very lives being threatened by hellfire. 

When I look at all of this, my heart hurts for all of them. When I look at all of this it brings into focus the things that matter. The things for which I am most grateful.


Where I live I am free to travel wherever and whenever I wish without fear of being cut down by a rapid-fire gun, without fear of bombs dropping, without fear. I am forever grateful to those who have and continue to make that possible.

I have the means to buy and put together ingredients to bake cookies for my family. I have appliances to assist in making that happen with limited effort. I am forever grateful that I live in a place where hard work is generally rewarded.

I get to put my thoughts together in these ramblings on a regular basis. I get to express these thoughts freely without threat. I am able to receive messages, questions and opinions from all over the world, both positive and not so positive. I am grateful every day to those who read these thoughts and those who take the time to engage. 

I get to take time to smell the flowers. Yes, life is busy, life is hectic, but I live in a place where, when there is time, I get to spend it with family, taking walks in the cool autumn air, watch movies, sing karaoke, or anything else I might like to do. I am so grateful to have spare time, even if it's not a lot. I still have it.

I get to write. I get to sip a beverage while I do it, if I wish. I get to watch little faces light up and giggles spill. I get to be part of the bedtime ritual that takes place in thousands of homes on almost every continent. I get to be part of story mats in libraries and schools whether or not I'm physically there. I've been honoured by the stories of the different ways "Everyday Wishes" has hit home. I've been humbled by feedback from the readers of "Once Broken," about how, although it's fiction, it hits close, almost too close to reality for some. When I allow myself to think about it, it's easy to be overwhelmed. Probably why I don't allow it very often. 


I am so incredibly grateful. For all of it. The busy, the quiet, the hard, the easy, the good, the bad, all of it. 

I'm grateful for the hardships that taught me what I needed to know to get me here. I'm grateful for today's lessons that will lead me to where I'm meant to go. 



**********************************************************************

Until next time...


May you find something for which to be truly grateful.
May you see it need not be big, the smallest thing to start, a warm bed, a dinner plate full.

May you, if it's not easy, look a little closer, what you see as hardship, is likely another's blessing. 
Maybe, for now, it's simply that you can be fearless in the thoughts you are expressing.

May you see, no matter how dark, how hard, how painful your life seems,
May you see that to someone else, the life you get to live, would be the life of their dreams. 



****************************************************************

www.margyreidbooks.com 




Once Broken by [Reid, Margy]
          











No comments:

Post a Comment