Friday, May 20, 2022

Small Fires... A Venting




 

Hi!


Disclaimer:

Please accept the following as a venting exercise, for that is how it is intended. I am very aware of the privilege my epidermic translucence affords me. It is a not-so-invisible badge of benefit I inherited through no skill or effort of my own. It is only by pure happenstance that I live where I do, in the skin I am in. My sheer lack of melanin has built-in perks. It shouldn't. I wish it didn't. I hope, someday soon, it no longer does. But, here we are.



So, on to the venting.


A few things.

I have spent the last week putting out a few small, figurative fires.  

A laptop that decided to have its screen crap out. A laptop that is needed every single day to run our business. So I had to make an emergency run to find a free-standing monitor for computer life support. One fire out.

Then, the interac terminal decides it's done working. Yup. Just done. So, had to scramble to find a solution. Did that, but will take 5 to 7 business days to come to fruition. So, yeah. Two fires kinda out.

Then, our car, brand new about 8 months ago, decided to throw some sort of weird code. Some thingamabob sensor thingy under the hood had a fit which made the app on my phone yell at me. Thankfully, it's still under warranty. Ate up about four hours, but the third fire was out. 

All of these things, these little fires, eat up time. A commodity of which we have none to spare, these days. 

But they are out. The fires. Well, if you don't count the hot flashes, but whatever. 


Compared to the huge, horrible issues plaguing the world right now, these are small things.  


I'm grateful to live where I live, (even if it DOES snow in May) and the relatively peaceful existence that provides.

I'm grateful to have the life I have. 

I'm extremely grateful for the freedoms afforded to us through the sacrifices of those who fought, and continue to fight, for them. 

I'm grateful I have an incredible family with whom I can share all the good and bad.

I'm grateful.


But, frustration and gratitude aren't mutually exclusive. 

So... vent.

Scream into the abyss. Go ten rounds with a pillow. Go for a run. Go for a bike ride. Have a good cry. Find a healthy outlet, and let it rip. It doesn't mean you don't appreciate what, or who you have in your life, it just means you're human. 

I hate to write and run, but like I said, time is in short supply right now, gotta run. (Or maybe cry)


***************************************************************

May all of your fires be small, and easily extinguished.

That's all I got, cant' think of anything that rhymes with extinguished.

Later.

**************************************************************










No comments:

Post a Comment