Saturday, September 13, 2014

Wedding Events And Whiny Laments!




Hi!


These photos were taken at the "bride to be" event my daughters and I attended last Sunday.  As I mentioned last week, we are a bit of a goofy group.  These are actually the most refined of the photos taken, The others?......not so much.


They are goofy, beautiful, caring, individuals, with senses of humour that are both sweet enough to keep toddlers in stitches for hours and brash enough to make a hooker get the vapours.  I have no idea where they could have gotten that from..........................


It was a fun day!


I am now going to nimbly do a ninja-type mount onto my proverbial soap box to do a bit of whining.

Ready?


Pre-menopause sucks! At least that is what I am blaming for the crappy week that began Tuesday afternoon.

Now this may get a little graphic, so if you are bit squeamish about lady business, please turn away for a minute.

I had my first period, (or blessed with the onset of womanhood, for those who found that too harsh) right around my 12th birthday. I am now 48. I'm done. I've had four kids. I'm done. I'm sick of  PMS. I'm done. I have fantasies about not having cramps. I'm done. I hate the random added bonus of an ovarian cyst or two thrown in to the mix, and the unpleasantness that accompanies that. I'm done.


I guess you've probably put together what started on Tuesday afternoon.


It's not every time,by any means, but this time, it actually put me on my back for three and half days.

Those who know me, know that I do not do the whole "down for the count" thing very well at all.

I was able to go in to work at the shop today, sort of. Well, I was there, anyway.

Did you know that when a felon like a murderer or armed robber gets sentenced to "life in prison" that usually means 25 years.  Like many of you, I got them when I was about 12. I'm 48. Do the math. Just sayin'.......................


Now I will gracefully twirl my whiny butt off of the soap box, sticking the landing like an Olympic gymnast.............



with the added difficulty of doing so in my husband's pj's while juggling a glass of wine, a piece of cheesecake and a bowl of popcorn.



Now, I realize that in the grand scope of things, these complaints are incredibly minor.

I was able to take care of myself for those few days without having to skip a mortgage payment or cut the grocery budget.

I know in a few days I'll be back to firing on all cylinders in my strong, healthy body, able to do a lot of things other women my age couldn't physically do.

For that, I am always, and forever grateful.

There are so many out there with struggles much tougher, much harder, much bigger than my own. I get that, I understand that, I respect that. But maybe, just maybe reading about my goofy issues will lighten the load for a second or two? I hope so.


Now, for the upcoming week..................



As I got pretty much nothing accomplished in the last several days, it will be time to kick things into overdrive for a bit.....



I need get a "launch" date set for "Alfred"..............

Catch up on work at the shop............................

Get organized and packed up for the upcoming weekend, which will include both my nephew's wedding, and the "Word On The Street" festival in Saskatoon..................

Get caught up on some housework... the dust bunnies are getting restless.......

Aaaaaaaand steal as many grandbaby snuggles as I can get away with.............................





That about does it for me this week...........


Until next time............



May your week be filled with laughter and light, giggles and twitters abound.
May nothing but funny people come across your path, any lost humour, found.


May silliness guide your path, this week, putting seriousness on hold.
May you let a chortle lead the way, this week, live surrounded in colour, bright and bold.


May you give yourself a vacation from the mundane, permission to have a blast.
May you find this can become a habit, an addiction, one you would love to last.



Have a good one!


www.margyreidbooks.com























 















No comments:

Post a Comment