Saturday, November 15, 2014

Book Signings, and Catching ZZZZZZZ'S!


Hi!



Another whirlwind week has come and gone!


I know I've said it before, but I really wish there was some way to slow time down just a little bit. It seems like there is way too much to do and too little time in which to get it done!


This is yet another of life's many little issues that I know I do not go through alone.


If any of you out there are, by chance, a genius physicist, I would appreciate very much a solid effort being put forth toward solving this time stopping issue. A "pause" button, if you will, would be very handy indeed.


In the meantime, we will march onward and upward.


Yep, the week whizzed by, whipping through some errands, some wedding planning, some appointments, some shop stuff, some family stuff, and getting through the inconvenience of the loss of my "Z" key on my laptop.

I still have use of it, as you can see, but it sure slows you down when you have to pause and tap the little stumpy thing that is now the "Z".  I have also come to the conclusion that the mind can become fairly nimble coming up with alternate words, ones that don't have a  "Z".  But, if you have to lose a letter.......I'm just glad it wasn't the "E"!


First world problems........................



To put an exclamation point at the end of the week was the signing at McNally Robinson today! This is the first time I've launched a book during any season other that spring or summer. Although the traffic was a bit lighter, due to some unseasonably cold weather, (even for here!) more than a few books ended up in good homes. It still hits me in the heartstrings when someone comes up to me, telling me how much their little ones are enjoying the books and like to read them every night. Pretty freakin' unbelievable.


Physically, I'm feeling a bit wiped, a bit run down. There are a bunch of nasty fevery/coughy/ highly unpleasant bugs flying around, I hope I can stay ahead the little buggers! I did get the flu shot, after all, doesn't that mean I get a free pass on any and all sickness type things!? I sure hope so.


As for the upcoming week.............


Make up for some time lost at the shop from last week due to errand running and appointment attending etc.................


Attend my first Christmas trade show of the year........ (right here at home! yay!)

Get in a day of writing...............

Do some wedding stuff shopping with my daughter...........


Spend some time with a grandbaby or two.......................



Well folks, that about does it for another week, Better go catch some zzzzzzzzzzzz's (not easy without the key)




Until next time............





May your rest be bountiful, your energy level high.
May you accomplish Everything without even having to really try.

May any germ that may be lying in wait be outwitted by your stealthy evasion.
May you feel full of happy effervescent frivolity on every and all occasions.

May you rest without guilt, the world will still turn, you can't be everything to all.
May you do all you can, but just what you can, taking care of you is not a fault, not at all.



Until next time check out my website www.margyreidbooks.com for a bit of Holiday shopping!
























































No comments:

Post a Comment