Sunday, November 23, 2014

There's Strength and Then There Is STRENGTH!

Hi,



Well, 'tis the season for travelling when it may not be the safest to do so!!!!



Even though the weather and road conditions weren't necessarily ideal, (what with the rain/snow/raining again) because of how the calendar looks over the next few weeks, we kind of had to go for it anyway.


Thank you to whomever invented 4 wheel drive.


If you looked past the chunks of ice that tried to embed themselves into your face because of the driving wind, and the slick streets that would randomly try to send you into the ditch, it was a pretty nice day!

One of the reasons for the trip was to do some wedding shopping with my youngest daughter. Although there are some things that we weren't able to tick off the list, we did manage to gather a few goodies.


Another reason?  To pick up a very nice new piece of furniture for our living room. The new entertainment unit/tv stand is very pretty, and also heavier than @#$%&*@$!


Unloading that bad boy in the ice pelting, slippery darkness was less than a good time, but it's in without causing major injury!


Earlier this week I was able to participate in our local Christmas Craft Fair. It was so nice to catch up with so many people that I am neighbours with, but rarely get to see!

Among them were three very brave people who are in different stages of battling various types of cancer.  The medications, the treatments, the surgeries, the fear, the heartbreak and the struggle, apparent.

I joke about my own strength, my ability to lift. That, my friends, is nothing compared to the strength reflected in the eyes of these incredible people. They amaze me.


The rest of the past week went pretty much as you would expect, except for the visit from my sis-in-law, Charmaine and her hubby!  We hadn't seen them in about 2 years, and we were so glad that they were able to include us in their whirlwind visit to the North!

Now, for the upcoming week................


At the shop.........get some more trailers completed and out the door

Visit our local blood donor clinic..(so important, especially this time of year...hint hint)

Attend a seminar about marketing books.............

Complete Christmas shopping............

Set the snowmen free from their prison in the basement!..............

Christmasfy my house!

Get in a day of writing!


On that note, my friends, I will take my leave...............



In honour of my friends in battle, I'll leave you with this wish..............




May every struggle see an equal or better reward, lifting you to heights yet unknown.
May your strength infuse those who surround you, building, fighting, setting the tone.

May you find it within to stay positive, even through the darkest, most painful hell.
May everything you are having to endure result in you getting well.

May this evil, this cancer, once beaten, never again darken your door.
May you be truly victorious, triumphant, free for forever and more.


Until Next time...........check out my website for some great stocking stuffer ideas! (Shameless Plug!)

www.margyreidbooks.com







No comments:

Post a Comment