Friday, October 12, 2018

I Allowed My World To Shrink For A Little While....










Hi,




This is the view, right now, in this part of the world.



The serenity is in deep contrast with the images coming from other places that have been recently ravaged by Mother Nature.


I can't even imagine the level of devastation that has become your lives. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this, and hope that everything that was lost is replaceable. My hope of hopes is that everything that truly matters survived.

Coming back from this must seem like an impossible task. Rebuilding, an overwhelming undertaking. Hopefully, you receive more help than you can possibly use, and are somehow able to get back your normal soon.

Take Care

********************************************************************

Well folks, other than keeping an eye on some international weather, I've been trying to take a bit of a news holiday over the past week.

I allowed my world to shrink for a little while. It felt awesome. I highly recommend it.

Yup, had our girls and their munchkins under my roof for some food, laughs and catching up. Had a date night with my incredible hubby, took in some autumn air, watched some football and tried out a new theatre.

A week without drama, without witnessing human's inhumanity toward human, without polls or international trade deals.

Instead, I glazed and baked a ham, built castles out of lego, and chased grandbabies around my house. I watched my daughters prank each other, lingered around the dining table, and laughed until I cried.

Sometimes it's good to let your world shrink a little, even if it's only for a short while.


**************************************************************************
Soooooo, I haven't shared a grandbaby story for a while,....


So, our 6 yr old grandson, Jake, was hanging out with his Grandpa at the shop, one day. A busy day of smashing boxes, drawing pictures, and learning about tools. As most days with Grandpa, there are some ice cream breaks involved. One such break had already taken place.

Jake's conversation with Grandpa.

G:  Well, time to shut things down and go home.
J:  I think we should go for ice cream first.
G:  It's getting pretty close to supper time, besides, I don't think I can do ice cream again today.
J:  If I can do it, you can do it Grandpa, get your money out!


****************************************************************************

May you give yourself permission to allow your world to shrink, even if only for a short while.
May you let the bigger issues of the world go on without you for a bit, relax, breathe, smile.

May you feel your world brighten as what sits closest to you shines.
May you see the trees for the forest, spot the daisies among the pines.

May you take the time for an ice cream break, maybe more than one.
May you let the world fall away for a bit, pour a glass, have some fun.

***********************************************************************


www.margyreidbooks.com










No comments:

Post a Comment