Saturday, January 12, 2019

Congratulations, Idiot King!






Hi!


Yes these photos depict a subsection of my family, and yes they are adorable, but that's beside the point.

They, in this instance, are representative of hard-working families everywhere. The kinds of families for whom a missed paycheck means making a choice between your car payment and your electricity. A choice between groceries or heat, mortgage or medical bill.

I know. I'm Canadian. Not my problem. But, I'm human. I'm a human that has had to make those choices. I, unlike the guy who lives in the Whitehouse, understand the panic of having to find money where there is none. I understand stretching $5 into a meal for 6. I've had to make the calls to the utility companies begging for time to pay. I get it.

I've been following this screwed up trek from there to here that has been taking place south of the 49th parallel.

So how did they get here? I don't know that the how really matters. To me, the more important question is why.


Telling blatant lies to create fear.

The lies he's trying to perpetuate aren't standing up to actual facts, so what does he do? Hmmmm, hey, if all else fails, make up another caravan!

I just don't get it.

His whole argument is about border security, right?

Well, with his shutdown, some of the very people charged with the responsibility of doing just that are being forced to do this very important job without pay.

Let's just say I work for TSA. I'm not getting paid. I still have to make rent. I'm going to go and get some kind of side hustle. I'll bartend, walk dogs, shovel snow, likely all of the above. Now, after earning as much as I can doing these things, I have to go to my regular job...for free. Am I going to be at the top of my game? I'm exhausted, stressed to the eyeballs, and the help my boss gives? Adjust.


Now, let's say I'm an air traffic controller, a guard at a prison, or I patrol the coasts.

These jobs, by their very definition, are already some of the most stressful you can have. Add the stress of no paycheck and everything that entails?


Such a small fraction of American citizens even want the "wall". A wall that we heard chanted ad nauseam that Mexico was going to pay for, a wall that can be defeated by a well-placed ladder.

So, he is walking out of meetings, threatening to declare a national emergency, and holding his breath 'til he turns blue over a wall that the majority of people don't want, that they were never supposed to have to pay for, and, in the end, won't work.

He's doing all of this, all while trying to create another fictitious caravan of boogiemen who are coming to take over lake houses in Minnesota.

He's dong all of this, while the people who work every day to keep your country safe slowly watch their lives turn to crap.


Again, to me, the importance of this rests in the why.

From the outside looking in, I'm not going to lie, it's scary to watch as this guy manipulates through lies and fear. It's scary to see how many believe his racist driven bullcrap. It's scary to see how many people are willing to kiss the ring of the idiot king.

Why? He's a racist driven by ego who has screwed over almost every hardworking person that has had the misfortune of working for him.

Why? Nobody has ever said "no" to him wherein he had no choice but to accept it. He doesn't know how to handle it. So he has tantrums, threatens, lies, pouts, threatens some more, lies some more and holds hostages. Seems to me, the biggest, most dangerous terrorist you have within your precious borders is the guy sitting in the most powerful chair.


So congratulations, idiot king. You have successfully, finally done something that no leader before you has ever done. Something you claim often, but up til now, has never, not once, been true. You are the proud owner of the longest shutdown in history.


There are no actual facts that back up his "crisis" or the need for a wall across the entirety of your southern border. That should matter.


In the meantime, my heart goes out to the hostages. Hang in there, hopefully, it will be over soon.




*****************************************************************


Until next time...


May you allow yourself to break free of the gaslight, break free of the racist lies.
May you allow yourself to see the emperor is naked, despite the white hood he flirtatiously tries.

May you see through the words of hate, the rhetoric spewed to create fear and hate.
May you, when you look closely, see these are your grandparents seeking refuge, the only difference, the date.

May you find your way through the fog, a way to see what is actually and factually true.
May you find your way, I'll have a cold one waiting for you, neighbour, when you do.



********************************************************


www.margyreidbooks.com




















No comments:

Post a Comment