Friday, April 29, 2022

Signs Of Change, Signs Of Hope...



 

Hi.


The abomination happening in Ukraine, the pandemic, those that still insist it doesn't exist, the faction of people who want to deny that other swaths of people exist. 

All of it.

It's a lot. Too many are in the midst of different pieces of this shadow-filled, abstract concoction. They can't step out of the nightmare. They live in the turmoil, surrounded by chaos. No breaks.

I wish I could make things better for all of them. 

I wish I could stop the violence in Ukraine. I wish I could make those who refuse to see...see. I wish I could change the hearts of those who want to destroy rainbows. I wish. 

I know I'm far from alone in my wishes. 

So, here I sit. I am powerless to bring about any real change. It's hard to feel helpless.

So, we do what we can. We send donations. We write letters to MP's, and PM, trying to light a fire under those who do have the power to provide actual, practical, help. We write letters to other world leaders, trying to spread that fire. We write. 

It doesn't feel like nearly enough. 

But.

There are signs of change. There are signs of hope. 

Things will get darker before real light happens, but change is coming. After things are torn down, they can be rebuilt stronger, brighter, better. 

There are signs of hope. The voices of those who have been pushed to the shadows are stepping into the light, raising their voices, shining, demanding what should have always been theirs, without question. 

We need to be allies. 

We need to do what we can.

We also need to not be consumed by all of the things we can't control. 

We need to grab joy at every opportunity. We need to hug, run in the wind, and laugh for all of those who are unable to right now. We need to remember the good in life. We need to dance in the sun and kiss in the rain. 

We need to thrive in spite of all of it. 

Buildings will fall and be rebuilt. There will be change.

The birds will return. There is hope. 


***************************************************************

May we find a way through all of this. 

May we come through stronger.

May we come through together. 

May we come through better.

May we come through. 


No comments:

Post a Comment