Sunday, August 8, 2010

You Can't Go Forward Without Looking Back




Hey There,
Well, this has been a pretty great week! One of both reminiscing and looking to the future.
Monday being a holiday, the week didn't really get started until Tuesday. First thing was to get the ball rolling on another shipment of "Lexi." Good news on that front. They have promised me that the next batch will be here by Friday the 13th! Good thing I'm not superstitious! lol
Next thing on the agenda was a road trip to my old stomping grounds. Good old Denzil, Saskatchewan. My younger sister came along as my helper for the day. It was a good day. We put in a few miles, some of which had me retrieving my "country kid driving in the greasy mud" skills without much warning.
The reason for the trip was, of course, a reading/signing, which went great. We pulled up to the library to find a nice group waiting. Such a nice size group, we ended up moving to the hall!
It was an awesome group, a great mix of adults and kids. I got to see some relatives I hadn't seen in a while and caught up with an old friend I've known since the first grade.
In doing this particular reading, I definitely was thrown back about 27 years, to my high school babysitting days. All the games played and stories told, and the hours and hours of time spent with little ones. It was what I like to think of as my freshman years at the University of Munchkin Land. Yes, there are more than one or two freshman years at this University. To graduate the entire course takes a lifetime, but the labs are incredible. Full of hugs and kisses and sticky hands, best place in the world!
After reading, visiting, signing and selling some books, and posing for some pictures, it was time to head home.
All in all, a very good day.
Thursday, my husband was my helper for the day, and off to Outlook we went. A much smaller crowd, but that's part of what makes this an exciting journey. You never know how the readings are going to turn out until you're in it.
As a planner/organizer by nature, I'm finding these lessons in unpredictability are a good thing.
After the reading, we came home to a message that Prairie Rose in Kindersley was out of books! Well I had exactly 10 left, so I bundled them up and off we went!
It worked out well, as we happened to be going to Kindersley that evening anyway. You see, my husband had planned, to my surprise, a special date. It was the 25th anniversary of our first date, and to mark it, he took me down memory lane, for a "redo" of the night. Same restaurant, same pub afterward. It was great to look back and see how far we've come together!
I really believe that where we come from, each place, person and experience, both good and bad, draw a line on the blueprint of who we are. The way in which we choose to interpret the blueprint and what we build from it is up to us.
Now, for the upcoming week.
I'll be looking forward to having the next shipment of "Lexi" arriving safe and sound and ON TIME!
On Saturday Aug. 14th @ 2:30pm I will be doing a reading signing at the Kindersley public Library. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Places to find "Lexi"
McNally Robinson Booksellers in Saskatoon
Milbankes (both locations) in North Battleford
Crandleberry's in North Battleford
Paisley & Polkadots in North Battleford
Our Drug Store in Unity
Prairie Rose Floral and Gifts in Kindersley
Tunes and Trinkets in Rosetown
Jacq'y Jaye's gifts and Beyond in Outlook
and online at www.margyreidbooks.net

No comments:

Post a Comment