Monday, September 6, 2010

Family, Football & Funny Stories


Hi, Sorry I'm late. My Hubby and I took a little trip to my Mom's house this weekend to catch up with her, my two younger brothers and their families. We had a great time. Did a lot of visiting, played a new game called "the game of things", watched a very good football game (GO RIDERS!), and did a lot of laughing.
Which brings me to last weeks' blog. Did any of you take part in my wee challenge? I hope so, it was pretty fun. For the most part.
1. Eat something fattening without guilt.
Well, I was at Mom's house, need I say more?
2. Laugh until your stomach hurts.
Definitely covered that one. In my family, if you are together for more than a few hours and that doesn't happen? It would be a strange day indeed. lol
3. Give a stranger a present.
Hmmm... not sure if this counts, but a lady in the store was overwhelmed in the shampoo aisle, looking for shampoo for her very picky 11 year old daughter. Drawing from experience, with my own daughters, helped her find one that would make her happy. Besides if it wasn't the right one I told her to just blame me!
4. Don't do anything that makes you wait in line.
Well, although I did my level best, I wasn't able to avoid this evil. Made it all the way to Friday before it happened, though! lol I was sorely disappointed too. This was the challenge I was looking most forward to.
5. Last, but not least, Do something you haven't done in at least 10 years.
Well, for the first time in about 20 years I was pulled over by a policeman! Through some very polite and apologetic conversation, I didn't get a ticket, so I did manage to keep it legal. A simple warning, some batted lashes (glad to know they still work!), and we were on our way!
As for the rest of the past week? Well, I haven't heard from Calgary yet, and am trying not to get too anxious/excited/worried, about that.
Now, for the upcoming week. Hopefully I will be hearing from Calgary this week; I have some more info to move forward on the trade shows; will be working on "A Crazy Day" a bit more, I'm almost happy with it. I continue to work on bookings, and I came home to an email from McNally Robinson last night that they need more books! Yay!
In closing, if you will indulge me, I would like to leave you with a cute grandbaby story.
One of my daughters went on a holiday for a couple of weeks In doing so, left her two goldfish and her pet rabbit in the care of another of my daughters. The latter of the two, being the one that has the priviledge of being my lovely grandson's mother.
Well, in the beginning, Grandbaby, (2 years old) decides that the names his Auntie gave the fish are all wrong and renamed them after his favorite cartoon characters Woody and Buzz Lightyear from ToyStory fame.
He really enjoyed having the fish around, but goldfish being goldfish one of them was found floating on the top of the water one day. So, his Mom and Dad did their best to calmly and gently explain that sometimes goldfish don't live very long, etc. And life went on.
Well, the holiday came to an end and my daughter came to pick up her fish. She already knew what had happened, but asked Grandbaby anyway, to see what his perception might be.
He patted her on the hand, looked into her eyes and said very sympathetically, " Auntie........ Buzz flew to infinity and beyond."
Kids, gotta Love 'Em!
Until Next Week!
You can find Lexi:
McNally Robinson Booksellers in Saskatoon
Paisley and PolkaDots in North Battleford
Our Drug Store in Unity
Milbanke's (both locations) in North Battleford
Jacq'y Jaye's Gifts & Beyond in Outlook
Tunes & Trinkets in Rosetown
Prairie rose Floral and Gifts in Kindersley

No comments:

Post a Comment