Sunday, November 28, 2010

27 more Sleeps!

Hi,

This week Hazel finished the sketches for "A Crazy Day"! Next, the cover design. I've sent her what I picture in my head, now she does with it what her brilliant artistic mind does with that, and BOOM! There it will be, the cover!


After that comes a practice in patience for me. The colouring process takes some time, as it should. But, I feel like a kid waiting for Santa to show up while I'm waiting to see them.

It's probably a really good thing that Christmas preparations will keep me relatively distracted. That way, I hopefully won't be driving Hazel nuts!

In the whole Christmas scenario, I'm happy to report that I only have 2 more people to buy for! I have a few batches of cookies, muffins and some fudge in the freezer! I'm so loving my new mixer! It definitely is better than doing it all by hand!

Also, while Hazel is busy with putting colour to the sketches, I need to work on the layout of "A Crazy Day." What type of text, size of font, any use of bold or italics. Or, if I should maybe use some colour. I need to figure out the wordage for each page, how that will lay on each page. This is where I do my best to put it all together so it comes to reality the way it's been living in my head for the past year or so.

I guess what plays in my mind is that "Lexi's Magic Clothes" has done and continues to do more than I ever expected. I really hope that I can prove to myself more than anything, that it wasn't a fluke. That "A Crazy Day" will be as good or better.

These are the bits of self doubt that can get in the way of a person chasing a dream. I want to be very clear that the nigglings of doubt are not coming from anyone but me. My family and friends have been nothing short of incredibly supportive. I have always been my harshest critic and probably always will be. But, it's not always the worst thing, it really makes me put in 100% on everything I do.

I despise the feeling of looking back at something and thinking I could have done better. I always want to know in my heart that I absolutely did everything I could, that way there are no regrets.

I think I'm getting better at it with time and age, the kicking myself in the butt with 20/20 hindsight incidences are getting fewer and farther between. This is a good thing, as my butt was getting pretty sore through my 20's and 30's!

Now, for the upcoming week!

Well, more shopping (malls are already getting nuts!), more baking, some work on layout, more baking, work, laundry, decorate house, more baking, wrap more presents, prep for Christmas party we are performing for on the 11th, more baking, oh and did I mention baking? lol
Oh, I also have my consult with laser eye place on Tuesday! Hope they have nothing but good news!

Until next week,



May everything you need to happen, happen without cause.
May you avoid any talks that involve "there isn't really a Santa Claus."

May the spirit of the season fill you, from the top your head to the tip of your toes.
May any parties attended not include a dress tucked in your pantyhose.

May simple, happy, kind surprises be bestowed on you all week long.
May you pay them forward to others, for it will fill your soul and make it strong.

May you and yours enjoy a happy healthy hope filled holiday.
May you enjoy all the preparation work, but take the time to play!


"Lexi's Magic Clothes" would make a great stocking stuffer! Tell all your friends! (Shameless plug finished)

www.margyreidbooks.net

No comments:

Post a Comment