Sunday, February 20, 2011

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geez!

Hi!


So yeah, I wake up this morning, the sun is shining, the sky is blue, it's looking like a beautiful winter's day. Then I find out that it's -42 and there is a windchill warning in effect. To those unfamiliar with Saskatchewan weather, that's when it's cold enough that even we consider not leaving the house! To put into perspective for you, at this temperature, to quote the warning, "frostbite will occur in less than 10 minutes". Yippee!


Oh well, this bout has to be the last of these kind of temperatures for this year. I mean we are heading into the end of February, right? Right? Right?


Well, at least I have a warm house to curl up in and enough food to keep us going for weeks. You certainly don't have to look very far to find some are not so lucky.

Okay, so during the past week, the game of email/phone tag with Webguy continues. I'm not sure what the delay is, but I'm determined to find out by the end of this week.

I put together an advertising poster for the McNally event. I'll start hanging them soon. I tried to put a picture of it on the blog today, but it's giving some trouble with adding pictures. Hopefully that gets straightened out soon.

Also this week, I was invited by a preschool to take part in a trade showesque fund raiser they are doing on March 18th. It's perfect timing to try and build a little buzz going into the McNally event. I'm so grateful for the opportunity.

Oh yeah, all the details are now in place for my Prince Albert trip. I'm going to do it in one day, March 8th. It's going to be very hectic, nerve wracking, definitely out of comfort zone, exciting,and phenomenal! I'm looking forward to meeting everybody!


"A Crazy Day" was not able to be delivered this week. They had a bit of a delay at the printer, but I will have them in my house during the upcoming week! I am so stoked!


Now, for the upcoming week.


I will, again, be trying to catch Webguy, either with email or phone. As I'm home all this week I should have better luck.

Yes, I have some days off. The family for which I munchkin wrangle, is on holiday to Hawaii, so I get some holidays myself. I'm really looking forward to it. I don't have Christmas to prepare for, book stuff is semi-under control, nobody's getting married, graduating, moving, having babies, has doctor appointments or having surgery.

Yep, other than doing things for "A Crazy Day", there will be a lot of sleeping past 5am, treadmilling, wii playing, movie watching, book reading, bubble bath taking, writing, and maybe a little gratuitous napping going on. I know that probably sounds pretty lame to most people out there, but to me, it's the next best thing to a tropical honeymoon!


I can't believe "A Crazy Day" will be coming this week! It's mindblowing! I actually have my second book showing up at my house! I'm going to get to read it to munchkins, people will have it in their homes reading it to their kids. I know this probably sounds stupid, but every time I think about that part of this whole book adventure it gets to me. I think I sometimes get wrapped up in the planning, doing, the nuts and bolts of things. Then, when I pause and let myself take in the whole of it, the everything, I can hardly contain the feelings that getting to bring one of my greatest dreams to life brings.


On that note, have a great week!


May all the things that need to happen, happen easily as a clock's tick or chime.
May you not once be put on hold, stand in line, or left to wait beyond your appointment time.

May things run as smooth as your hand on a brand new kitchen counter.
May all events go on hitchless, with absolutely no need to flounder.

May no mittens, hats or boots get lost in the pile at the school door.
May the wrong ones that come home, be returned without incident, evermore.

Take Care,
Until Next Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment