Friday, October 26, 2012

BOOOOOO! Happy Halloween!


Hello Fellow Halloweenies!


It's that time of year again! Time for ghouls and boys, both young and old, to dress up in their favourite costumes and party it up! From the very scientific poll I conducted last week, during my readings, there will most likely be a lot of ninjas, princesses, mario brothers  and fairies with a healthy dose of zombies and witches showing up at your doors with their gunny sacks of hope held out before them.

As for the adults, my guess is that there will be some "Big Bang" costumes, your classic Vampires and Horror movie dudes and then, of course a vast selection of sexy _____(enter pretty much any noun here).

I'm looking very forward to having a great time with the crew in Denzil, where we are doing a Karaoke show tomorrow night! We are keeping it simple with our costumes this year, I should be able to get a pic up on next week's ramblings.

So, this week has been spent rehearsing and getting everything ready for the show, voting in our civic election, and recovering from a little yucky something that took hold of me for a couple of days. A bit of a different pace from last week. I'm ok with that.

Also, this week, I had the opportunity to see the tv interview I did a couple of weeks ago. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I was not speaking gibberish the entire time and actually came off like I wasn't shaking in my boots! Another successful step waaaayyyyy outside my comfort zone... and I'm still here.

As for the upcoming week...........

Halloween show tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday.......flu shot, which I mistakenly thought was this week

Wednesday.......hand out candy to all of the eager little people that show up at my door......(I'm toning down the " Halloween atmosphere"  in my house as it was a little too much for some of the kids last year....I forget that not every kid in town knows me anymore.. and some were genuinely scared which is NEVER my intention!)

Saturday....Trade show in Macrorie, Sk. from 10am - 2pm----come check it out!


So, my friends, that about does it for this week..........


Until next time, I'll leave you with this wish.............



May your wee ones not suffer tummy aches from the bounty which they are about to receive.
May your older ones, get that thrilling fright, because for this one night, in monsters, they believe.

May your teenagers enjoy their school dances, first flirtations, feeling brave in ghoulish disguise.
May any that venture into the "trick" instead of the "treat", keep it harmless, avoiding legal advice.

May you, as adults, know it's still a lot of fun, and perfectly alright, to dress up and get your goofy on.
May you do so, with abandon, snitch some fun-size treats, kick up your heels, get your costumed groove-on.



Thanks so much for the ongoing support you so readily give in this "seat of my pants" adventure!

Feel free to get a start on your Holiday shopping at www.margyreidbooks.com   I can ship anywhere!









No comments:

Post a Comment