Saturday, December 15, 2012

Girl Guides Can Dance!

Hi,


As I sit here and look at this photo of 250 little girls between the ages of 8 and 15 have all kinds of fun, dancing, singing and running around, I can't keep help but think of the tragedy that took place at an elementary school in the United States yesterday morning.


I can't help but think of all of those parents, kids and teachers heading off to school for what they thought would be another typical, ordinary day. To learn, play, maybe dance, sing and run around a little.

My heart weeps for the broken souls this horrible act of senselessness leaves behind.

I don't know what the answer is, and I doubt there is just one.

But, one thing I do know is that I will try doubly hard not to take one single day for granted. I'll do my level best not to fritter away my time on this planet with things that are important to only me. 


Squeeze your kids, say I love you, and count every blessing. Don't put off happy things, absorb every joy. That's all we can do.



On to happier things.



The girl guide fundraiser was a great success. They had a lot of girls come to join in the festivities, and though it was with a bit of a heavy heart, it was a lot of fun to help facilitate their good time.

Oh, and just in case you want to get a large room full of tweens to pull more decibels than a herd of injured hyenas, just say the words...."One Direction".......go ahead, I dare ya.


Other than that, this week consisted of working hard toward our goal of getting our RV repair shop open and operational by Spring.  Hopefully things will be settled in that department very soon.

Oh, and I finished wrapping all of the Christmas presents!!!!!Yay!  


Okay, how many of you just swore at me a little.......no worries. I really am an anti-procrastinator by nature. Even though I come by it genetically, I think my DNA was assisted by all of those years when we weren't sure if we were going to be able to make Christmas happen for our kids at all. I learned early on to shop early, a little at a time, always paying attention to conversations for hints. Now, it's become our tradition.



So for the next week........


There will be some grocery shopping, maybe a bit more cookie baking, some baby squeezing, beginnings of prep for our New Year's Eve Show, and maybe work on a few more stories that I started a while back and haven't had a chance to visit for a while.

So, until next time, my friends, I'll leave you with this wish.....




May those who leave their homes in the morning, return safety to it that day.
May nothing or no one hinder their safety in any possible way.

May the ones broken enough to cause such horror, seek help instead of a means to inflict such unspeakable pain.
May they find true help, embrace it, be held to it, so this kind of heartbreak may never happen again.

May those so determined to put and keep guns in the hands of so many
May they look into the eyes of the survivors, if they are lucky enough to find any.

May those left behind find a way, any way to live through their grief.
May those who went too soon, watch over them, give them hope, belief.


Until next week........


www.margyreidbooks.com







No comments:

Post a Comment