Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Office With A View!



Hi, folks!


Another pretty fantastic week has come and gone. One that began at a lake celebrating what a great place we get to call home, and ended at a different lake, fixing a water heater and leaky toilet, followed by a nice walk on the beach and taking in a movie with my hubby!


Yep, Monday was a day set aside to relax and show some appreciation for our wide open spaces, the freedom with which we are able to roam those spaces, and the fact we can roam them with whomever and in whatever fashion we pretty much see fit.

Yes we may have to endure some pretty long, nasty winters, some crazy floods, and the odd tornado, but we are forever grateful to those who came before us and blazed the trail for a country as beautiful as Canada! (stepping down from my maple leaf draped, maple syrup soaked, beaver chewed, soap box with a hockey stick in one hand, and a large double-double in the other)


The rest of our week was spent fixing a trailer that was on the losing end of a fight with a fence, a few that just needed some general TLC and one that needed a bit of help right at the lake.

You know your life is pretty good when your office for the day is at the lake! Talk about an office with a view!

My hubby and I also celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary this week. The look on one customer's face was quite priceless when my Honey walked into the shop with a giant bouquet of flowers! He really is the sweetest guy!

We capped the week with a movie night at our local theater. It was a great who-dun-it filled with car chases, magic tricks and clever story twists. 

When we got home I checked my email, and was delighted to find an invitation to participate in Delisle's Culture days activities. They've asked me to come and do a reading and maybe answer a few questions from some munchkins and maybe some grown ups too.

I only have 1 copy of "Lexi" left and I'm also running pretty low on "Crazy." I really didn't want to order more copies until they could accompany my new one in the shipping process, but I don't think I'm going to be able to finish this new one in time.  Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Boy, selling books to the point of running out........pretty fantastic problem to have. Only 3 very short years ago, "Lexi" arrived at the house. With her arrival, came the first unsure steps of many, so far outside my comfort zone, that now, tonight, as I write this, I am pretty much convinced that my comfort zone has been annihilated.

You would think, as you witness the disintegration of your comfort zone, a person's knee jerk reaction should be anxiety, fear and panic. Interestingly enough, for me, anyway, I have found the opposite to be true. I have found that a "comfort zone" is where fear lives and thrives. What makes us want to stay within what is comfortable anyway? Fear. Fear of what might happen or might not happen. Fear of how we might be perceived or judged. Fear of failure, fear of success.

I guess I've come to the point in life where I will no longer let a comfort zone get in the way of my contentment. Zones, by definition,  are restrictive, they impede freedom and growth, why choose to live in one?


Well, that got all serious, and deep and stuff.

Sooooo anyhooooo....... for the next few days, I'll be busy at the shop with my hubby, prepping for a show we are doing for a family reunion in a few weeks, with any luck, work on some writing, and, most likely get into an argument or two with my accounting software. And, at some point this week we will be revisiting our office with a view at the lake to install the part for the trailer there. All in all, a pretty nice way to spend some time.


Well folks, that about does it for this week. Until next time, I'll leave you with this wish.





May the journey you choose be full of fun and adventure, with all kinds of fantastic rewards.
May you be confident in your choices, they are yours, every one of them moving you forward.

May you feel contentment and gratitude in every step you take, for each has a designed purpose.
May you feel the freedom afforded by abandoning your comfort, city dwellers, walk a forest.

May you find what makes your soul sing, your heart dance, find what's truly you.
May you find your own song, your own moves, your own office with a view!


Until next time! Thanks so much for taking the time to read these ramblings!


www.margyreidbooks.com











No comments:

Post a Comment