Saturday, October 19, 2013

And Then There Were Three! Grandbabies, That Is!!!!!!

 
 
Ok, so one last obnoxiously gorgeous photo filled with Autumn awesomeness, and then I will promise to stop.



Just in time too......



Because, next week I'm afraid I will be obligated to test your ability to handle total and utter cuteness with some photos of my Brand New Grandbaby!


Yep, you guessed it. It's been a pretty monumental week!


Just after I finished up writing my ramblings last Saturday night/Sunday morning, I received a text from my youngest daughter saying that she had gone into labour and she and her boyfriend would be heading off to the hospital, and could we meet them there?!

So, we promptly loaded our sound equipment into the truck, threw some clothes in a suitcase, and off we went.

We arrived at the hospital at about 2:30am Sunday morning.

Our daughter and her boyfriend were in the labour assessment area, along with another of our daughters, who was there to pick up little Jake.

Shortly after Jake left with "Auntie Doedoe", Our significantly uncomfortable daughter was moved into the room that changes normal, everyday people into parents every day.

This is when Grandpa took up residence in the waiting room and our daughter began taking the final steps to becoming a Mommy once again.

After some long hours (something I regretfully think she inherited from me), a few tears, some comfort and encouragement, we welcomed our new granddaughter into the world.

Yes, at 10:36am on Sunday morning, Elaina Blair (Laney), entered the world, and like it or not, became the newest member of this craziness we call a family.

After a quick exam, the doctors determined that little miss Laney would need to spend a bit of time in the NICU, due to her somewhat traumatic entrance into the world. It was never life threatening, but worrisome all the same.

In the midst of all this, the clock was ticking...............


We still had a wedding to do.....we had to take off to the venue to make sure we had everything set up and ready to go by 3pm.

It was now noon. Dang.


So, having been up since 6:15 am on Saturday, we were in need of some energy, real, fake, or forced.

(Sidenote...... how desperate for food do you think you need to be in order to voluntarily eat at a hospital?)

After a bite to eat, it was off  to the venue......along the way stopping for some completely unhealthy, horrible tasting, cans and containers of foul, fake energy.........and candy.

After driving around trying to find said venue for about 15 minutes (partially, I believe, due to exhaustion, partially because our GPS has an attitude problem), we successfully gained access to the building in which the wedding would take place.

We got everything off the truck, and while my hubby was connecting wires, I grabbed our suitcase and headed for the Ladies room to get changed into the clothes I'd packed for this very occasion.

Well, the first sign of trouble reared it's ugly head when I discovered I hadn't packed a decent bra. So, I threw my blouse over my ratty old sports bra that I had been wearing for, oh, say the last 30+ hours. Yay me. Upon looking in the mirror, I knew going for "attractive" was pushing it, so I dampened my hair, gave it a shake, threw on a jacket to help camouflage what was goin' on under it, thinking in the back of my head, that I had brought along some fantastic shoes, and they would save the day, for sure.

Have you ever tried to put on dress shoes after being on your feet for 30+ hours? Ummmm.....yeah, not so much. Yay me.

So, after slipping back into my runners, I headed out to see how my hubby was doing, and if he was ready to take the suitcase and head to the Men's room to get ready.

This is when I realized I hadn't brought any of his shaving gear. Yay me.

Well, in spite of the lack of sleep, grooming tools and the proper attire, the consensus at the end of the evening was that everybody had a great time. Mission accomplished. Yay!

After tearing down the equipment, and loading it back on to the truck we headed to our hotel room, where we crashed for a glorious 6 hours before checkout.

Then, it was off to the hospital for a quick visit, and then home.

So, there was no Thanksgiving feast at the Reid residence, this year. Oh well, a new grandbaby trumps turkey every time.

The week at the shop was, gratefully, as busy as usual, but until Laney was able to leave the hospital, it was hard not to be distracted. She is home now, all sweet and draped in pink. Her Mommy and Daddy are thrilled to have her there, as is her new big brother, who has already fallen in love with his "Nee-Nee."

Today was spent in Eatonia at a tradeshow, where more copies of Lexi, Crazy, Tags, and Wishes found new homes. It always blows me away to hear that kids in a dayhome pick my books for storytime, or to be told by a great grandma that she's sure she's had to read "Lexi" to her great granddaughter at least 100 times! I still have to remind myself, every so often, that this is real.


As for the next week?



It will business, as usual at the shop, followed by a Halloween Party Karaoke show in Luseland, Saturday night.



Well, that about does it for this week, until next time..................


For the Grandbabies..........................



May you, as you enter this world, know you are loved to the very core of your tiny, angelic soul.
May you know this love has no limits, or boundaries, nor conditions, it is complete and whole.

May you someday understand the depth of what is felt for your children's children, it's love extended, magnified and multiplied, beyond anything we can measure.
May you see that as my children's children, you are complete, and utter treasure.

May you know I am always here to give a hug, hear you out, and maybe sneak you the odd treat.
May you know that throughout your life, for you, a bigger fan you'll never meet.

May you, as you go out into the world, know you are loved to the very core of your angelic soul.
May you know this love has no limits, or boundaries, nor conditions, it is complete and whole.


Until next time!

Thanks for reading these ramblings!























No comments:

Post a Comment