Saturday, December 14, 2013

Short Days Long Nights! Yup It's Winter!


Hi,


With the holidays just around the corner, I got to feeling a bit nostalgic.  Seeing as I haven't scanned ALL of the old pics into this computer yet, I thought I would share a sampling of those that have been.

I know it sounds cliché as heck, but it really does seem like it was just a few years ago when they were this little. These are my two youngest daughters. Then, almost 2 and almost 3. Now, they are almost 24 and almost 23.

Time has, and continues to fly by so quickly. I keep having to remind myself to slow down and let the moments stick. I just don't want to look back, some day, and feel like I've missed memories by not taking the time to let them sink in.

Take the time. Sink into them.


This year, our Christmas ought to be pretty lively. It will be short, but sweet, with in-law celebrations and work schedules being worked into the mix. It will be short, but jam packed, with turkey and treats and gift opening and games and 4 kids 5 and under, maybe more.

It will be nice to have everybody under one roof again, it's been way too long since all of our girls have been home at the same time.

Well, this week was witness to some cookie baking, ladder wrestling, tin hanging, awning balancing and bookkeeping.


I put together some cream cheese cookies with rolo centres, they turned out pretty yummy.

We finished putting the siding on a trailer and put a new awning on another.

In the midst, as I was trying to carry and set up one our 12ft ladders so I could quickly climb it to make sure the giant motorhome my hubby was driving out of the shop would clear the door, it decided to fight back. I couldn't let it fall against the motorhome, so I ended up taking a pretty nasty hit to the knees and shins. Ahhh, the glamour of being a business owner!

Good news, it cleared with inches to spare!

As for the upcoming week?


Well, this week will consist of assisting my hubby in replacing a 400 pound generator in a giant motorhome (not the one mentioned above)

It will also involve, bill paying, present wrapping, last minute picking up of stuff, more baking, more writing, and this time we are REALLY going to a movie!


Take the time. Sink into them.


So, as we approach the winter solstice, I'll leave you with this wish.


May the short days and long nights translate into less work and more sleep.
May it not only mean you shovel snow in the dark... after work... waist deep.

May cozy cuddles in front of a crackling fire be happily checked off of your bucket list.
May whatever your equivalent of this be achieved, and bring you complete bliss.

May you, wherever you are, celebrate and enjoy this changing of the season.
May you find joy, happiness, and peace in abundance, beyond any reason.


Until next time, www.margyreidbooks.com


No comments:

Post a Comment