Saturday, June 28, 2014

Camping, Sleeping, And Eating, Not Necessarily In That Order


Well Hi!


From these photos, you may have figured out that we have taken a the weekend off to go camping!


Yep, going to kick back for the next few days, with no schedule. No alarms. No deadlines. Gonna sit in my lawn chair, partake of a frosty beverage or two and read magazines filled with lies about famous people I don't really care all that much about.


Gonna sleep when we're tired, eat when we're hungry, maybe take a walk or two, go see a movie or two, and very likely take a nap or two.

I realize this doesn't seem like much of a vacation to some, but it suits us just fine. A vacation, no matter what kind, should serve the purpose to recharge and re-energize you, and it's fulfilling it's job nicely.

The last few weeks have been especially physically demanding, a lot of ladders, heavy lifting, and fitting into places a person probably shouldn't go. As a result, there are some arms, backs, feet and knees that could use the break.

We are so lucky to have such a beautiful campground 20 minutes from home!

In the mad rush to get customers taken care of, I pulled a good old fashioned cramming session Thursday night and was able to get "Alfred Dinglewiggle" off to Artbookbindery! I'm so excited to have Alfred into this final stage. Now, all that is left is final layout, proofs, and BAM! Alfred will be able to join Lexi, Ethan and Jake on the bookstore shelves!

I have to admit, I was beginning to have doubts if I was ever going to get the time to finish this one.

Well folks, I hate to write and run, but like I mentioned, we are camping, and the internet connections can be sketchy. I'm using my phone as a hotspot, (how impressed are you with all my techy know how?) and am not sure how reliable this set up is.

So my friends, until next week I'll leave you with this wish,


May any vacation, big or small, recharge your body, mind and soul.
May you take that break, for even the lives we love can take a bit of a toll.

May you, if not able to physically take a trip, find a mini-holiday in a hot bath, a book, or a quiet cup of tea.
May you, parents of preschoolers, take full advantage of the smallest of breathers, like being left alone to pee.

May you find enjoyment in all you do, in work, in play, and everything in between.
May you see that if you don't, you deprive yourself, being wasteful of the joy that could have been.


Until next time!

www.margyreidbooks.com








No comments:

Post a Comment