Saturday, March 7, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me! Lucky Or What?!?!?!




Hi!


Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me!



Yup! 49! Still Here...... Still have the majority of my hard-earned marbles.......at least most of the time.....still happily married to the love of my life.........still have incredible kids........fantastic grandbabies.............roof over my head............food when I'm hungry............the rest, my friends, is gravy...........



Whenever my birthday rolls around, I can't help but think of my sister who passed just before her 46th birthday.


 I can't help but feel incredibly lucky that I get to be here to experience the aches and pains of getting a bit older. The Symphony of snaps, crackles, and pops that has recently begun to erupt whenever I do something crazy like move suddenly after being still for a while, has been particularly entertaining.

I can't help but feel incredibly blessed that I get to be here to witness my kids falling in love, getting married, becoming parents and stealing as many grandbaby snuggles as I possibly can.

I can't help but feel incredibly privileged to walk with my husband through this, another new chapter of our lives, hand in hand, as always.

I can't help but feel forever grateful for the opportunities to explore new avenues, writing, starting a business, visiting schools, doing what I love to do.

I can't help but feel incredibly lucky. I get to be here. Still.


Sometimes a person gets so wrapped up in the noise of running our day to day lives that it can be so easily forgotten how incredibly lucky we really are. We get to be here to run those errands, pay those bills, work those jobs, plan those weddings, laugh at that joke, listen to that songbird, fall in love, hold that baby,... be..... here.


When my birthday rolls around, I can't help but think of my sister. Whenever I want to entertain the idea of truly complaining about the tribulations of getting older, I can't help but think of my sister.


How dare I complain about the privilege.


As for the day to day?


Well, this cold could take a hike any time now, that would be awesome.....

This week was another busy one at the shop, even busier for my hubby, as I wasn't able to physically be there.....

This week, we were booked for another karaoke show, this one for March 20............music and song lists were updated, 200 sign up slips cut and ready, pencils sharpened and ready to go..........

Today was a wedding shopping/planning day with some daughters, they are goofy, beautiful people!

Tomorrow will include some grandbaby time............(babysitting without parental supervision......hehehehehehehe.....I can't promise there won't be chocolate.......)


Monday is back to the shop!.....


Get caught up on some writing...............


Next weekend I'll be participating in my first tradeshow of 2015! Looking forward to it!



Well, that about does it for another week. Until next time, I'll leave you with this wish............




May every crackle, pop, and snap that your joints voice become music to your ears.
May you accept that it's just your body declaring, "I'm up! I'm goin! Have no fear.!"

May you see every additional grey hair is but yet another stroke of wisdom showing it's rightful bloom.
May you understand that it's an absolute right of passage, what, this not remembering why you entered a room.

May you come to terms with gravity, for to war against it is simply depressing, futile and exhausting.
May you instead, if you so wish,  invest in good bras and spanks with which to face the world, consider it your personal frosting.

May you, better yet, find the confidence to ditch the frosting, for as we age, as our wisdom blooms, our skin truly becomes a better fit.
May you pass on to all those, still younger, "All that frosting? We've always been enough,  we've never really needed it."



Thanks for taking the time to read these ramblings!

To order books www.margyreidbooks.com

























No comments:

Post a Comment