Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Oscars And A Winter Cold!




Hi!


Yup....still winter..........................................




The Oscars.................


As a lover of movies, I've watched the oscars faithfully for as long as I can remember.  I love the pageantry, the glamour and the tradition. But, I think, more than anything, what I enjoy the most is seeing the love of the craft of making said movies plastered on every face in the room. This is room filled to the brim with people who truly love what they do. It's pretty fantastic.


It's awesome to see the joy that doing what you love brings.


I'm afraid I've been hit upside the head with a not-so-lovely cold. So if this week's ramblings are a little more rambly than usual, it's probably because I'm under the influence of my friends Benylin and Tylenol.

This isn't one of those pretty colds you see on tv, where they sneeze like a kitten, and ever so delicately dab their pretty little noses. Nope, this is the rudolph the crusty nose reindeer, cough till you pee or puke or both, type deal. Sorry if that was graphic.

Anyway, a cold is hardly the end of  the world. I'm sure I'll live.


This week also was another busy one at the shop, as we are trying to get all of our winter work completed, before spring. So far, so good.


We were also booked for another karaoke show for the end of March. This cold really needs to bugger off, so a person can rehearse!


I tried to get some writing done yesterday, but that, well, it just didn't work, what with the grossness dripping  profusely from every orifice of my face.


As for the upcoming days................


Tomorrow is our Grandson's skating carnival. If I can harness the grossness, I would love to be there to cheer him on...............

Then, it will be off to the shop for month end and other such work type things.........

Get some writing done.....................

Do some wedding prep shopping with a daughter or two or three or four..................



And that about does it for this week.

Until next time, (and I promise to be much more coherent) I'll leave you with this wish............



May you find the courage to follow your passion, wherever it may lead.
May you find a way to make it at least part of your life, if, at first it can't provide all you need.

May you understand that dreams and passions are living things, ever changing, ever evolving, ever growing.
May you see that even if ignored, they never perish, they follow in the shadows, without you even knowing.

May you see that they will show themselves to you again when you are ready; to embrace them, nurture them, let them bask in the sun.
May you see it's within your passions that your best talents lie, acknowledge them, let them shine, once you've done this, your life has truly begun.




Thanks!

www.margyreidbooks.com














No comments:

Post a Comment