Friday, August 21, 2015

Working On Depth Perception.......................


Hi,



This little one is growing leaps and bounds right before our eyes. She is talking, trying to tell jokes, playing pretend, exploring her abilities and discovering limitations. She is, however, still working on depth perception, and determining what the cat will and will not put up with as far as being "fed" by hand, and being covered up with blankies.

I guess we all need to get hissed at once in a while when we go too far.


Speaking of which....................



I have recently heard in the news, as we all have, about this Ashley Madison website and the fact it was hacked and a bunch of the client info was put out there for all of the world to see.



First, I just think it's sad that sites like this exist, let alone accumulate such a vast clientele.  I just feel that if you want to be married, then you should be married. Period. If you don't want to be married, you shouldn't be. But, I think it only fair to let your spouse be the first to know.

My heart goes out to the spouses and families of those who are now forcibly famous, with their dirty undies waving on the line, for all to see, inspect, and judge.

The hurt would be palpable. To be so completely disrespected and betrayed by the one you trust most in the world, the one person who vowed to have your back no matter what life threw at you. Then, to have that betrayal made so public. It would be devastating.

I'm in no position to judge anybody, for perfection is not even on the radar of my self-perception. It's just sad.

What makes a person go to those sites, fill out the info and act on it? It takes thought, time, and there would be that moment before the final click, before entering credit card info, before hitting submit, to change your mind, thinking of the depth of the consequences. This, I can say with confidence, as I've done it a ton where shoes and handbags are involved.

It just makes me sad. I guess some adults still have trouble with depth perception and knowing what will and will not be put up with.

If you're unhappy, unfulfilled, bored, feeling neglected, unsatisfied..........talk. Talk to your spouse. Reconnect. Find that "something" that drew you to them in the first place. Be the things you'd love your spouse to be. Be thoughtful, attentive, romantic, funny, hold hands, touch more, kiss more.....whatever you are missing......you will be amazed how quickly it will be reflected back in their actions.

I may not be a genius, but I am smart enough to know that I know very little. However, I have gathered a bit of intel being happily married to the love of my life for 29 years.

*You can work anything out if you really want to..........
*Quitting on each other is never an option...........
*Don't fight in circles............
*NEVER sink to name calling...............
* Don't keep score..........
*TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........
*Be each other's greatest ally, the world provides enough haters.................



Well, time to, once again, dismount from my soap box................




This week has been another busy one........

Busy busy at the shop......it's awesome.........

Got everything ready to DJ the wedding this weekend.............

Didn't get much writing in..........


I can always tell when I'm not getting enough writing time in...........my imagination starts kicking into overdrive while I sleep.....

I spent one restless night trying to DJ our Prime Minister's daughter's wedding. It was a horrible venue. The room was tiny and slathered in sea foam green and brown, with gigantic, dusty, plastic foliage in every corner. The wait staff had sea foam and egg plant fortrell (other kids of the 70's will know what I'm talking about) uniforms that were cut from some long lost fifties diner pattern, and they were NOT happy to be there.

The power connections in this place were atrocious. We were having to run miles of cable in every direction.

This poor bride was trying so hard to make things fit into her "black tie" theme.........

I just kept thinking........he's the Prime Minister, for cryin' in the sink, couldn't he have sprung for a bit of a nicer place for his daughter to get married?


Anyway............


So as to what's in store for the next little while............


Playing for a wedding this weekend! (In a nice place, with good power......no sea foam)

The shop will be hopping................

Write..........................

Squish some toddlers........................


Well, that about does it for another week................


Until then I'll leave you with this wish....................





May your love grow stronger as you grow older, deepening as life rolls by.
May your history become an epic tale, one of romance and heroism, only happy tears to cry.

May you brave every storm, holding strong, anchored in devotion and trust.
May you reach only for each other for comfort, for love, for romance, for lust.

May you rediscover the longing, the love, the desire to stay true.
May you be forever happily in love with the one to whom you said "I do."


Until next time.........

www.margyreidbooks.com


















No comments:

Post a Comment