Saturday, January 13, 2018

I Didn't Get Here By Accident!!!!!




Hi!

On several different occasions, here, in midst of my ramblings, at schools, in responses to emails and notes, I've put forth my belief in the importance of obliterating comfort zones. I truly believe they are prisons existing under the pretense of safety.

Comfort zones are just that, comfortable. If we don't deviate, if we live within what makes us comfortable, within the convenient boxes that are all too welcoming, effortless, painless and uncomplicated, I believe we rob ourselves of what can be.

It's not easy. In fact, it's anything but easy.

It's been my experience that when you dare to step beyond the comfort, welcome the uneasiness, embrace the sweaty palms, and work through your disquieted heart, fantastic things await you on the other side.

In the spirit of destroying comfort zones, not only did I do a tv interview, but, now I'm sharing it on here. Both of these remain difficult for me, both make my palms sweat. To do the interview on camera is tough, bringing up all kinds of old ghost insecurities. To share it is another animal, altogether. To share it equals self-promotion, which is something that remains a real challenge. It requires squelching all of those little negative voices that like to creep in, telling you you aren't good enough, that you don't belong, that you have no business doing what you're doing.


I wish I could tell you that those negative little voices no longer exist, but, they do. However, I am, with time and practice, getting much better at telling them to shut the hell up, and bugger off.

I have to continue to remind myself that I deserve where I am. It didn't happen by accident. I am where I'm supposed to be, so of course I belong here.

I couldn't be here if I stayed within my comfort zone, not a chance.

Step outside, the elegant uneasiness and contorted self-perception are simply growing pains leading you to where you are supposed to go from here.


*************************************************************


I would like to take a second and thank you all for your continued support, here, in buying my books and in person.

I'm so grateful for all of the incredible feedback, and look so forward to what the future holds.

Thank you for reading these ramblings each week. Readership has surpassed the 60000 mark, coming from 5 continents and a ton of different countries, some of which are unfamiliar, requiring a google search to find out exactly where they are. It continues to amaze me.

Thank you.


***************************************************************

Until next time......


May you break free of your veiled cocoon, discover the strength of your uniquely beautiful wings, and fly.
May you find the courage to conquer the phantom whispers, snide and untrue, impeding access to your unfettered sky.

May you discover the freedom found in leaving the familiar, straying from your normal, walking in unfamiliar shoes.
May you uncover talents, unearth new favourites, pull the blanket back on what comes next, collide with your muse.

May you embrace the discomfort of living where new paths are commonly trodden, without a compass, without a map, without a concrete destination.
May you accept that you are the author of your story, write it, revel in it, for living by the opinions of others is but existing in pale imitation.



***********************************************

Until next week


www.margyreidbooks.com














No comments:

Post a Comment