Monday, April 4, 2011

A Day Late and a Dollar Short? I Hope Not!


Hi,

I'm so sorry I'm late with this week's blog. The hubby and I were away for the weekend, but I had every intention of writing up these ramblings when we got home. I didn't, however, intend to feel like a wrung out dishrag and have the energy of a sloth on sleeping pills.

So, I made an executive decision, and took my first sick day off work in a year and a half. I'm already feeling a little more myself, so I'm sure whatever it is, will be gone by tomorrow.


Well now, for this past week. let me start by saying that our "pajama party" last weekend was awesome! It was so good to get caught up with old friends. I was going to post a pic on my blog this week, but our photographer ( my youngest daughter) had a bit of trouble with my new camera, and there wasn't a shot that would have got a passing grade for the promise of "only using a good one."

As for the rest of the week, it went pretty well. I was able to shoot off some emails about upcoming readings. My puppet lady is making progress with the "Lexi" puppet, and the most talented, lovely seamstress in the world has agreed to giving a try on making the clothes once the puppet is ready for measurements! Yay, Lori! Ok, she maybe didn't 100% completely agree yet, but, because she is so awesome, I'm sure she will!

I did receive an email this week postponing my Red Earth, Shoal Lake trip for a bit. So, instead of waiting for that tour, and so the kids can get good use of the stuff before the end of school, my sister and I are going to make a run up to the residential school I've been telling you about on Friday, with their "care package."

Yes, about the care package. Because of the incredible generosity of the people who were kind enough to respond to the bug I placed in their ears, my hope of taking a full car load of books, markers, construction paper, colouring books, glitter, glue,etc. is coming true. Thank you all so much! I know it's going to mean the world to these kids!

On the musical front, I don't feel I've been struck by any genius inspiration yet. Other than the head and shoulders/bitsy spider idea, nothing has really jumped at me. I'm sure something will come to me, and it will work perfectly with whatever time frame/ age group/ musical ability/ willingness to participate I come across. Right?

Now, for the upcoming week. Tomorrow, I'm doing a reading at St. Phillips elementary school in Saskatoon. It should be pretty fun, it's a very happy, warm atmosphere. It was a great experience when I read "Lexi" there last year.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, I'll be sorting and packing all the wonderful things that we'll be taking to Prince Albert on Friday afternoon. I'm looking so forward to seeing the looks on the kids faces when they see everything! Will definitely have my camera!

Also this week, I'm hoping to hear back from some different places regarding readings etc. It would be nice to get my calendar sorted out.

Oh, I almost forgot. On the karaoke/dj side of things, we've been booked to do a grad party for a nearby high school. It'll be a good time. Hmmmm...for those of you who are reading this from anywhere other than Saskatchewan, a definition of "grad party" may be in order.

You see, this is an occasion where, after the high school graduating class has finished with all the pomp and circumstance of the ceremonies, fancy dinners, and pictures, they get to let off some steam.
Yep, there's a bar-b-que humming along all night, and a giant tent gets rented and erected in one of the graduates farm yards. Then they hire someone like my hubby and I, and they proceed to dance their little faces off until about 5am. Now, keep in mind this will be taking place here, in Saskatchewan, in the middle of May. So, it's a given that the temperature will dip very close to freezing, if not freezing, for a good portion of the evening. I know to some of you that doesn't sound like a good time, but watching those kids have such a good time, and being a part of helping that happen is soooo fun!

Have a Great Week All!

Until Then,


May your week be strong, and the time that passes within it, not be lost in auto pilot.
May you be aware and present for every minute, not to smell only the roses, but too the daisies and violets.

May you catch every smile and nod, and really feel every kindness given you.
May all that's hurtful go unnoticed instead, as usually the opposite is true.

May you keep close those who treat you well, and bring joy to the life that surrounds you.
May you have the fortitude and strength to weed out the ones who don't, for their toxic weight could drown you.

Thanks So Much!

No comments:

Post a Comment