Monday, April 25, 2011

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Chocolate!



Ahhhh, the poster child of the sugar crash that is Easter!


I wish I could say that I'm not feeling a bit of a sugar hangover myself right now, but, truthfully, I can't.
It was a good time. It was good to see all my kids, and as a bonus, my baby brother and his crew! The day of chocolate bunnies, candy eggs, ham, scalloped potatoes, chocolate cheesecake, strawberries and cream angel cake, park playing, wii playing, and just general playing around went by all to quickly as usual.

The days of this past week, preparing for Easter, well, let's face it, there is nothing glamorous about standing in line at a checkout for 1/2 an hour. I had a couple of days where that was unavoidable a few times each day.

You do meet some interesting people standing in line,though. For instance, in one particular line up, I met a 4 year old boy who was convinced I just had entirely too much stuff in my cart. It apparently contained an offensive amount of junk food, and didn't I know that all that chocolate would make the sugar bugs go crazy on my teeth! He did let me off the hook a little when I explained how many people this all was for and that I don't buy stuff like this all the time, just for Easter. 

And people have to ask why I like spending time with pre-schoolers! They are the most honest people on the planet!

Needless to say, he was personally invited to my reading at McNally on Saturday. Hope to see him there!

Now for the upcoming week.

I will continue to build onto our music library for the upcoming grad party. I generally look for songs that make the girl in the back scream "I Love That Song!", which is immediately followed by her grabbing every person with her on her way to the dance floor. I love that girl, she may have a different name in every place, but she is always there.


Then, I need to make sure I have all my ducks in a row for the weekend. Yep, the reading at McNally, 11am, Saturday, April 30th. I'm not sure why this reading makes me so much more nervous then other ones. Maybe, because this is the one I played over and over in my head for years, when I never thought it would ever actually happen.
The things that go through my mind don't help. What if nobody shows up? What if the kids there don't like the book? What if I screw up telling the story? All in all, it's the negative niggling that likes to whisper, then scream in my ear. It may make me a little more nervous, but it hasn't made me quit.

Oh, I thought I would post the readings and whatnots I have coming up. If any are in your neck of the woods, come by and say hi!

April 30 -  Reading/signing McNally Robinson, Saskatoon. 11am signing to follow.
May 4th -  Reading at Dinsmore Hutterite colony school.
May 14-    Dinsmore Grad Party
May 21st - Reading/signing Kindersley Library 2pm
May 28th- Home based Business Trade show- Elks hall, Kindersley. 10am-4pm.
July 1st/2nd- Reading/signing at Denzil Centennial Celebrations- time and location not finalized.

Until next week,

May every Easter treat consumed roll off of your hips/tummy/thighs, like water from a duck.
May the chocolate/sugar/general treat withdrawals not hit you like a loaded semi truck.

May the laughter that loved ones injected into your home, echo there for weeks.
May you keep fresh in your mind the sweet smudge of chocolate on your baby's cheeks.

May we cherish the silly, goofy, happiness that we sometimes take for granted.
May we try to pass the roots of it to others, who may not be so firmly planted.

Until Next Week!

You can currently find "Lexi" and "Crazy":

McNally Robinson - Saskatoon and Winnipeg
Our Drug Store- Unity
www.margyreidbooks.net

No comments:

Post a Comment