Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!




  Well hello there,



Happy Mother's Day to all of my fellow mothers out there! 


Ah yes, Mothers' Day, a day to reflect on what it means to be a mom. Even though not everyone reading this is a Mom, we all have one. Some of us are still lucky enough to be able to call our Moms up and wish them a great day, take them out to lunch or buy them a card.

Some of us are not so lucky.

To those who are missing your moms, I know this must be a tough day. My hope for you, on this day, is that you can let the fondest memories of your Mom come to you throughout your day, and with them, you will feel her hug your heart and smile. Just remember, you are the best part of who she was, and to honor her today with laughter and joy, is the best thing you could do to celebrate the spirit of the woman who would have, above all else, simply wanted you to be happy.


As I have no clever segue into the next portion of these ramblings, I will simply jump in.

This past week brought me a few steps closer to a few things.

I apparently still have a shot at getting into the Sundog  Craft Show at Credit Union Center in December. As it stood, I thought I had blown it by waiting too long to get my application in. That is where my rookie status rears it's ugly little head sometimes.  You see, in my naivety, when the idea of participating in this holy grail of shows of everything artsy, I thought I had loads of time to fill in an application and so forth. Yeah, not so much! Then about 10 days ago, I thought of it again, and decided to have a peek at the website to see what all was involved. I was very surprised to see that the deadline for applications was April 30th!

Needless to say, I hustled my butt, and quickly did everything I needed to do in record time! The adrenaline rush/stress I was feeling, not knowing if I was going to make it time, reminded immediately why I am not a procrastinator!

Anyway, I won't find out until June or July whether I make the cut of who gets a table or not, but at least I'm in the running!

In the upcoming week I need to put the finishing touches on the music for next weekend's grad party.
I also have a tentative date for doing readings in North Battleford on June 5th. That trip depends heavily on whether our teachers take strike action. It looks like it could go either way. With any luck, the teachers will get the raise they deserve, the paperwork can be signed, or whatever they need to do, and all will be well with the world.


Until next week,


 To the Moms;

May every parental decision you make come with divine inspiration.
May you be able to eat your children's version of breakfast in bed without hesitation.

May your day be filled with good books, long baths, and not one load of laundry to fold.
May it bring with it macaroni jewellery, gluey, glittery cards, and excited, proud munchkins to hold.

May you embrace your babies, and your interpretation of motherhood, mistakes, stretch marks and bad calls, of which there will be at least a few.
May you remember, even on the worst of any flu infested night, that being a Mom is absolutely the best thing you will ever do!


Take Care!








No comments:

Post a Comment