Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Daddy Day!

Hello!


First off, I want to wish my Honey the happiest of Father's Days! You know, to this day, every time I see him with his girls, it gives me a deeper appreciation for the term, "Daddy."


I think there is a reason that there are terms like "Father knows best", and "Daddy's little girl." just as there's a difference, in my mind anyway, between being a "Mother" and being a "Mommy", the same holds true for Daddies.

A Father takes on the responsibility of being a parent very seriously, as he should. Helping to protect his family and make sure they have a roof over their head, food in their stomachs, and clothes on their back.

A Daddy, does all that, and...... chases the boogie men from under the bed with his special "monster spray," he sits and watches "The Little Mermaid" for the 26th time without complaint. He welcomes the screaming, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" from his kids at the end of a long and tiring day, without them having a clue just how tired and achy he might be.
As the children get older, the boogie men change, "The Little Mermaid" becomes "A Walk to Remember", the "Daddy! Daddy!" becomes talks about boys and how they should treat you. It becomes picking them up at various events in the wee wee hours of various nights, pulling friends from snow banks, comforting a crying teenager with a broad shoulder, all without them having a clue just how tired and achy he might be.

And best of all, he wouldn't have it any other way.


Yes, there is a significant difference between Daddies and Fathers, so hug the Daddy in your life with a little extra squeeze today, and maybe a little thank you wouldn't hurt.


I know, ramblings, right?


Well although this week did not provide any brilliant breakthroughs in the guitar playing department, I did get my first childrens' song written! Hey, it's a step in the right direction! I'm still struggling with the guitar, oh, who am I kidding, I definitely still suck!

I'm not giving up, by any means, I am, however, getting extremely frustrated. I'll keep plugging away and hope for the best!

I mentioned last week, a festival thingy I received an email about. Well I checked it out and am going to participate. It's called "The Word On The Street Festival." It's on Sunday, Sept. 25th in front of the big Downtown library in Saskatoon. It involves, publishers, book stores, distributors, and independents like me. They are hosted by a handful of cities across the country and this is Saskatoon's first whack at it. I think it could be really great. I'll keep you posted.

Also, this week, I dropped my original Lexi puppet off with Amy aka "the puppet lady" hopefully for an eye transplant. The original eyes were pretty googly, if you recall, and kind of freaked kids out a bit. I'm hoping the operation is a wild success!

I didn't get to fabricland this week, though, so the search for some of the fabric for Lexi's clothes continues.

Now for the next week,

Fabricland! Of course, more guitar, then, more song writing, work on some new stories, go to work and while I'm at it, an end to the postal strike and peace in the middle east.  Okay, so maybe I am feeling a little overwhelmed and intimidated by the whole guitar thing. I'm a writer, I'm allowed to be over dramatic!

Well, folks, my Honey and I are off to meet our kids for a Daddy Day lunch followed by smuggling them all back to our hotel for some killer water sliding!

So Until Next Week,


May your "Father" become a "Daddy", if he isn't one already.
May your Daddy be like your PMS pants, forgiving, comforting, and  steady.

May you find the words to tell your Daddy truthfully how you feel.
May you have the honor of spending the day with him, and share a family meal.

May those of us out there who can only wish our Dad's a happy day with a whisper from our soul.
May we do so with a light heart, fond memories, maybe a tongue in our cheek, with grief taking a lesser toll.



Thanks for putting up with my Ramblings for another week!


www.margyreidbooks.net

No comments:

Post a Comment