Sunday, August 21, 2011

Readings, Renovations, and Reviews!


Hey, Everybody!



What a week! 

Monday, nothin' much. Regular work day, went home, looked at our yet unfinished demolition of our basement, and, were really just too tired to do anything about it! I did find a note, however, from the courier guy, explaining that he couldn't possibly leave my life size Justin Bieber cut-out inside my entry way without a signature. I'm still not sure why. They can deliver pretty much anything else to my house without one, but, oh well.


So, that brings me to Tuesday. Had to stay home to receive Justin anyway, so I did what I could toward our bathroom reno effort while I was there. I also started to try to come up with a way to update some standard kid songs that have been around for ever. Not having much time with each group of kids, it might be better to do it this way than try and teach brand new songs? What do you guys think?


Wednesday was my reading/signing at the Saskatoon Farmer's Market, as you can see from this week's pic. There were about 30 kids, according to the coordinator, ranging from babies to 6 year olds. It was a lot of fun and a great atmosphere. It's very relaxed and laid back, and they even provide a snack for the kids! I'd do that again in a heartbeat!


Thursday, after work, I managed to go and spend a bit of cash on some fun things for what will be my new beautiful bathroom. Now, just to get it finished so I can use them!

Friday came with an appointment to put new shocks in our car, which apparently inspired a pool of sorts regarding how long the people at the service shop think our car will last. They said they haven't seen a 2005 Cobalt with this many miles on it before! Granted it has 289,000+ kms on it, but it still runs like a top! Hey, we plan to at the very least double those klicks before we're done with her!

Ah yes, this brings us to Saturday, and our very first "photo shoot." Well, let me put it this way, we managed to keep it serious for a few minutes and G-rated for the most part. Those of you who know us, know that that is some kind of record!

Thanks Gina! (Scarlet Photography), who took 2 people who are not at all comfortable in front of a camera and made us look pretty dang good, if I do say so myself! She made it a lot of fun!

Oh, I almost forgot! The Lexi reviews, so far are pretty positive.

6 yr old girl - loved her, played with her alot, had a challenge with a couple pieces of clothing at first, but was able to do it all unassisted after a little practice.

2 1/2 yr old girl- not sure of her at first, but ended up playing with her quite a bit, but needed assistance with at least some of the clothes.

I'm going to try and get a boy's point of view this week, then I have a 4 yr old girl in mind to give her a try.

Oh and if you are wondering about the whole Bieber thing? I'll explain it later.

For now friends, that is all, for I hear the basement calling. We'd really like to finish what needs doing on it today, so we can go full tilt on the bathroom.

Until next week,


May your days and nights pass without a glimpse of sorrow.
May any shadows that you carry give way to the brightness of tomorrow.

May you find laughter in memories, joy in the mundane, sweetness in all around you.
May you see clear through the clouded tunnel to the lighted silver lining, and allow it to shine through.

May you dance to the music in your life, not just tap your toe from your chair.
May you recognize early that it's the "YOU" show, and only you can be the star.

Take Care!

www.margyreidbooks.net   Tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment