Sunday, August 7, 2011

Plan B's and Penny Passing



Hi all!,

Well, here I am again in the wee hours of the morning, and again, not able to sleep. So, you guessed it......time for incoherent gobbledeegook!


Aside from the basement shenanigans, I think the culprit keeping me up this time is the whole guitar thing. It's really kickin' my butt. My hands simply don't seem to bend that way. I'm still not giving up, but I think I need to be realistic about coming up with a plan B for the music part  of the time I'll be spending with kids up north. I'm going to work on writing some songs that can be accompanied by rhythm instead of guitar. Maybe I can pick up a few shakers and clickers and whatnot and the kids can do the playing? I don't know for sure yet, but I do know I need to nail something solid down soon if I'm going to get any real sleep in the near future!

Also this week, I received an email inviting me to do a reading at the North Battleford Library in October. I'm so excited. Reading to kids is still my favourite part of this whole thing! 

I've also started putting music together for the wedding we are doing next month. It's going to be an eclectic group and they will need an eclectic assortment of tunes. From the Andrew Sisters to Axel Rose, from Blake Shelton to Bruno Mars and alot in between! Will be a challenge, but a fun one!

As far as the basement and bathroom reno shenanigans go, they are progressing pretty well. I bought a chunk of plywood on Thursday for the beautiful storage unit my hubby is building for me. While I was at the store, I picked up a couple of paint cards to get inspired about what will be my new beautiful bathroom colour. On the pamphlet was a colour wheel. After some inspection, and much thought, my grandson informed me that I should have a red and yellow spiderman bathroom. I love the way his mind works!

As a for instance, he was playing the other day, and came up with scenario where Optimus Prime ( a bad guy transformer ) and Strawberry Shortcake went on a date, and Shortcake had to save him from some evil doer. Sooo funny!

My posted picture this week features my hubby and our grandson in deep conversation. During his visit, he and Grandpa went on quite a few of these thought provoking walks. According to Grandpa, Ethan should have peace in the middle east, a solution to the economic crisis in the US, and a cure for every type of cancer figured out by kindergarten.

In my travels this week I did find capes for "Super Lexi". I looked for goggles as well, but all I've been able to find so far are about $17 each. Not real feasible for what I'm after. Another plan B may be in order.

While shopping, I had a shy little girl approach me as I waited in the endless hell, otherwise known as the Walmart checkout line on a Friday afternoon. I wasn't sure what she wanted at first, as she was just kind of standing there, staring at me. Eventually, having passed the inspection, I suppose, she gave me a penny. She then told me it was for good luck, but in order to get the good luck, I'd have to pass the penny on to someone else. If I didn't, I would have just bad luck. Needless to say, I thanked her for choosing me, and wasted no time passing along that penny!

So onto the upcoming week!

Of course, music/guitar.  More wedding prep. Work on the house (sarcastic yay!).  Work on getting the Lexi puppets ready for a play test ( genuine yay!)

Well that's about it for this week. I hope these ramblings made some kind of sense.

Until next week,


May you be passed a good luck penny and recognize it, even if it's in disguise.
May it shine so bright you can't miss it, even dressed as a word from the wise.

May you find your good fortune in passing it on to others, paying it forward, as they say.
May you, in doing so, experience the simple joy that comes from brightening someone's dark day.

May all of your luck be good, and fill your life with positive things.
May any bad luck miss you on it's way through, not leaving the slightest sting.


www.margyreidbooks.net

No comments:

Post a Comment