Saturday, September 24, 2011

Beware of Flying Lego!


Hi all!


I thought I'd throw in a pic from the party we did last weekend. Yes, the red carpet affair was quite something! The limo was definitely a nice touch.


Well, I think I'm all ready for the word on the street festival tomorrow. Cash box ready, books counted and loaded, easels, posters and business cards. Thank goodness for my hubby, his help and support is neverending.

I'm looking forward to this event. The weather is supposed to be fantastic, and I always like meeting new people. With any luck, a few more wee ones will become familiar with Lexi, and A Crazy Day.

So, if you're in Saskatoon tomorrow between 11 and 5, come downtown! We will be on 23rd street between 3rd and 4th Ave. Bring the munchkins!

Now, on to what will be my beautiful new bathroom. We are officially done hanging drywall!! Do I hear a Woot! I think I do! We even managed to keep the injuries to a minimum. I did learn, however, that catching a sheet of drywall that I thought was attached to the ceiling on the back of an already sore neck is not a highly recommended activity. Do not try this at home.

We have also discovered that fitting the tub and shower into place will not be without it's challenges. I'll let you know how it turns out. But first, there is much mudding, taping, sanding and painting to do before we really get to that too deeply.

For the upcoming week, I'll be getting ready for the Unity Trade Show next weekend. I likely won't be home in time to get my ramblings up Sunday morning, but I'll be sure to get them up as soon as I get home, either that evening or Monday morning.

On Wednesday I need to compose the letter to send to the toy brokers, the rep at Hasbro has made available to me.  I think the reason I haven't written it yet is, I'm simply not sure how to word it. I'm sure something will come to me.

I apologize if these ramblings seem a little flat this week. I gotta say, with renovations, work, kid stuff, and book stuff, I'm feelin' a bit tuckered out tonight.

Maybe it has something to do with the whack from the drywall, then again, it may have something to do with getting smoked in the temple with a giant lego tower! This is something else I wouldn't recommend as an activity. Yep, you would be surprised at the velocity at which a 20 month old little boy can hurl a lego tower from a distance of 3 feet. In case you're curious, and to protect you from the end result, I can tell you it's enough to leave a pretty nice bump with a bit of a bruise as well.

Thanks for reading these ramblings, I do appreciate you taking the time. When I started writing this blog, I never dared to dream that anyone outside my own family would be reading it. It amazes me every week, when I see new readers, from 5 different continents now, coming along on this adventure.

Thank You.


Until Next Week,


May the lemons life throws at you become, not lemonade, but the bite after a shot of tequila.
May the ups and downs that occur, not bring on motion sickness only the feelings that thrill ya.

May you see every trial and tribulation as an opportunity, not an obstacle in your pathway.
May you see them as the forks in the road they are, not the hurdles they first seem to be.

May you take on the challenges that come charging at you like a bull seeing only red.
May you take them by the horns, tame and calm them, until out of your hand they are fed.

May you remain in the driver seat, steering your life with purpose and with cause.
May you keep in mind that no matter what's handed to you, it's your life, show it who's boss!


www.margyreidbooks.net

No comments:

Post a Comment