Sunday, September 4, 2011

Some Assembly Required! Oh No!



Ah yes, as the photograph depicts, genius can come from kaos.  He was playing his little face off amongst all the renovation craziness! (As you can see in the lovely background). I can assure you, although I'm not what most people would call a conformist, I don't usually keep Christmas decorations and frisbees in the living room with my toy cell phones.



This week has been a little crazy. I had to miss a day of work due to my own stupidity. Here's a friendly little piece of advice, if you have been rear ended in traffic twice in the last twelve months, it probably isn't advisable to forcibly rip off wall panelling situated above your head with shear will and muscle power. Your neck will not like it one bit!


Also, this week, I started filling out the paperwork to see if we may qualify for some disaster relief money to offset some of the cost of our basement getting destroyed. It's long and complicated, and, being the government, made way more difficult than logic dictates.  I guess they make it as hard as possible to basically weed out the people who aren't willing to jump through hoops. Luckily hoop jumping and I go way back, and I'm fairly proficient.


Let's move on to another subject near and dear to my heart. Furniture assembly! I don't know if I've mentioned it in past ramblings, but the phrase "some assembly required" strikes a sickening  fear in me that I can only compare to someone who is terrified of heights being forced to run laps atop the safety rail on the roof of the empire state building!

I know it sounds ridiculous, but my hands get clammy, I feel nauseous, and break out into a full on body sweat! Luckily for me, my hubby has no such phobia, and, as luck would have it, is extremely handy.

To make a too long story a little shorter we have now assembled the new vanity. And wouldn't you know it, there was a piece missing from the box. Yep, one of the drawer faces just simply wasn't there. So the girls are picking it up on their way out today.

Oh yeah, did I mention how awesome all four of my lovely daughters and my son-in law are? Today they are coming home, bringing with them the skills they begrudgingly learned growing up, and are going to give us a hand with the renos! Yay! It will make this daunting task a lot more fun!


On the book front, I haven't really been able to get much closer to getting the Lexi puppet picked up by a toy company. I really need to be able to take some time and get to the nitty gritty on the ins and outs of how it is done. I need to know the right people to approach, how to approach them and so on. I think once this house craziness is settled I'll be able to make this a true priority.  I guess I'm feeling spread a little thin these days.

So, for the next few weeks it will be a combination of bathroom, music and books. Next week, the wedding in Elbow, bathroom, the next weekend, party in Kindersley, bathroom, the next weekend, Word on the Street Festival in Saskatoon, bathroom,  the next weekend, a 2 day trade show in Unity, bathroom.

So, my friends, that is all for another week. Kids should be showing up any minute.


May this Autumn fall upon you with a little Summer breeze still on her breathe.
May the colours of wine, chocolate, and fire envelope you like a romantic candlelit hearth.

May the chill in the morning air make you think of hot chocolate, popcorn, and old movies on tv.
May it bring to mind the games that Autumn leaves inspire,throwing, jumping, piling, until only the face you see.

May you look with happiness, laughter and satisfaction on the summer just past.
May you have built special memories within it's duration that will last and last and last.


Until Next Week!








No comments:

Post a Comment