Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sometimes You Just Gotta Wait!


Hi!


Well...... I did it.  I sent my proposal for my Lexi puppet to the toy broker.  Now I have to be patient as I won't hear anything back around or until the end of November. This could go one of three ways.

1) They tell me it's a completely dumb idea hasn't got a snowball's chance in hell and will never fly......
2) They tell me she has potential, she just needs a little tweaking here and there, but the idea is solid...
3) They tell me it's a go, and they are ready to move forward right away.

Needless to say, I'm hoping for number 3. It would be incredible to see Lexi on the shelves at  Toys R Us next Christmas!  I look at it this way, 3 years ago I never in my wildest imagination would have ever thought I would have one, let alone two books on my very own shelf at McNally Robinson. I never thought I would be travelling to different schools reading my books to kids. You never know what can happen until you put it out there. The worst case scenario?  They say no. I can live with no. But, I've never been very good at the whole woulda coulda shoulda thing. I would rather make sure I've done everything I can, then if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but not because I was too scared to go for it.

I truly believe the only failure is to not try. I think it's the biggest disservice we do to ourselves. Don't get me wrong, there are times when those little nigglings of doubt still whisper very loudly in my ear, telling me that a high school educated, mom of 4, from small town Saskatchewan has no business with these grand ideas.............I'm getting better at telling it to shut up and bugger off.

Wow.....well that took quite a serious type turn, now didn't it?!

On a lighter note we finished the disaster relief application, I just need to get it witnessed by the town administrator and send it off. Apparently they can take up to a year to pay out, if they choose to pay out at all, so, yeah, more patience is needed.

Also this week, I emailed the guy at CM Magazine, (they will be reviewing Lexi and Crazy) and found out the process could take a few months. You guessed it........more patience.

I haven't made any headway on Halloween costumes yet. We may just have to throw together something from the tickle trunk. Maybe a combination of past costumes.... a cop lounge singer, perhaps? A Vampire surgeon? Zombie angel? It'll come to me I'm sure.

Oh, and I wouldn't want to leave you without an update on what will be my new beautiful bathroom. We now have water and sewer! Yay, no more 100 mile treks in the middle of the night to the downstairs bathroom! Woot!

Now, before you get too excited, I should tell you that we are having a couple of small leaking issues, but we should have those fixed up today. All this with only one injury inducing incident. While the hubby and I were diligently gluing the sewer lines together in the basement, one section, yet to be glued, fell and hit me square on the melon. Yep, should have a nice purple, off center unicorn horn for my readings this week.

First a lego black eye, then, the drywall knock on the back of the head, now the sewer unicorn horn. I'm pretty sure there's a country song in there somewhere.

So, now for the upcoming week.

Monday morning, I have 2 readings in Outlook.
Monday afternoon pack for the Battlefords.
Tuesday, drive to North Battleford for afternoon reading.
Tuesday night visit with dear friend.
Wednesday, reading in Battleford. Head home.
Thursday, get the disaster relief application in the mail, rehearse for Halloween show.
Friday: Costumes!
Oh yeah, and bathroom!

So my friends, until next week. Thanks so much for reading these ramblings, please know it's deeply appreciated.


Til Then,



May you find a surprise $50 in the coat you pull out for the cooler weather
May any weight upon your shoulders be lifted,leaving only that of a downy feather.

May answers to all decisions come easily and be as clear as the air on this Saskatchewan prairie.
May you stick to what's right for you, even though others' opinions, you must carry.

May you taste the freedom of not giving too much power to what other people think.
May you keep in mind, they're just people too, and their answers and opinions just might stink!

No comments:

Post a Comment