Saturday, December 10, 2011

15 More Sleeps Til Christmas!



Ahhhh.....the table set for Christmas as it was for that Holiday meal last year.  Looking at my house, as I sit here typing this, I find it hard to imagine we'll get it looking anywhere near this photo for this year.


We made some strong headway today, and hopefully will kick this dragging reno harshly in the rear tomorrow. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel....here's hopin' it's not a train!


At the risk of making some of you kind of angry at me, I have to inform you that I am officially finished Christmas SHOPPING! Woohoo! Now, I just need to wrap the latest of the treasures and that part of Christmas preparation will be complete!


It's all coming together. Real progress on the bathroom, shopping done, now for the food. Some treats, some turkey, some stuffing, some pie. I'm sure if you think back, there is probably a certain cookie or square that makes your Christmas. We all have them, I think. If not, why not start this year. Wouldn't it be fun just to test samples until you discover "your taste of Christmas"?

I believe this would be the perfect time to discuss the CLF of Christmas baking. I have given it a lot of thought, and although the science may be flawed, I believe the following to be true.

To begin you need to understand what CLF is. It is the only thing that can give us the freedom to enjoy those special Holiday treats without guilt. CLF is.

CLF = Calorie Leaking Factor, and the circumstances under which it occurs, are as follows.

1) When squares are cut at least 1/2 hour prior to consumption, CLF.
2) If cookies have been frozen in any plastic container, CLF.
3) If an eating utensil is not required to eat said morsel of goodness. CLF
4) If it came from your Grandmother's recipe. CLF (on principle)
5) If you can eat the treat in less than 4 bites. CLF


Now, ENJOY! It's a couple of days, and there's always the "New Year's Resolution" exercise frenzy that will take place the first couple of weeks in January. Between that, and cleaning up all of the Christmas chaos mess, you'll work it off!


Eat healthy. Don't do drugs. Stay in school.  There, that should cover my butt!


Let's see, now for the upcoming week......


I need to finish up the prep for the Girl Guide party on Friday.

I need to get some baking done! I usually do up a platter for the people at our daily gas station, and a couple of buckets for the people I work for. This is the last week of work before holidays. I have to get on it!

Start baking for the ones I'll be feeding in my house over the holidays.

Finish Bathroom...........trust me you can't be as sick of reading about it as I am of writing about it!

Decorate house.

Clean and prep basement for the kids' visit.

Play hard with my munchkins, I won't see them for a couple of weeks starting Saturday!


As we head into the home stretch of Christmas preparation, I'll leave you with this wish....



May every board or card game played, bring good natured ribbing, and laughing with downright glee.
May your video game skills quadruple, so you can hold your own while playing games on wii.

May there be time and snow for sledding, snowball fights, angels and snowmen.
May there be hot chocolate, cookies, and the little girl giggles that can escape from grown men.

May your time be filled with family and friends and memories of great Christmases passed.
May you build great new memories with those here now, memories that, for them, will last.


Oh yeah, Get your stocking stuffers at:

www.margyreidbooks.net

McNally Robinson Booksellers, Saskatoon and Winnipeg

Crandleberry`s in North Battleford

Prairie Rose Flowers and Gifts in Kindersley

No comments:

Post a Comment