Saturday, December 17, 2011

8 More Sleeps!





Hi all!


 I hope these ramblings find all of you happy and healthy, wherever you are in the world!


The above picture is evidence of what happens when you combine 150 girls between the ages of 5 and 17 with sugar, chocolate and some awesome dance tunes!

Yep, according the organizers, the Girl Guide fund raiser was a rousing success! They raised more money than they had dared hope for. Something that the entertainment always likes to hear. So glad it went well. It's always an honor to help out raising money for such worthy causes.

It was such a blast watching those girls have soooo much fun! They didn't sit down the entire night! Song after song, they were out there dancing their little faces off!  It made me nostalgic for the days when I would chaperon my girls' school dances. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it.

I'm looking very forward to having all of my kids under this roof again.  I know there will be a lot of laughter, a lot of food, and a lot of board games and wii. I don't think going skating will be an option this year, as the ice hasn't been put in at the local rink yet. There's not enough snow for sledding, so, indoor games it is!

I stopped by my oldest daughter's home the other day, and asked Ethan how many mores sleeps there were until Christmas. His reply? " Mom said we're not supposed to ask that anymore."

Something tells me it was a question asked about very half hour. Ya gotta love 3 year olds!

So folks, this weekend marks the beginning of our Christmas holidays! We have two straight weeks of sleeping past 4:45am! Yay! The kids start trickling in on Friday, so that gives us 5 days to get the Christmas baking done, finish the bathroom, get everything cleaned up, decorated, and feeling like Christmas. It's gonna be awesome!

As, like so many of you, I'll be up to my elbows in Turkey next weekend, my next blog will be posted Jan 1st/2012. Wow, how did that come up so fast?!

2012 is going to be an incredible year! Thank you all so much for your incredible, ongoing support. I'm so absolutely honored that you take the time to read these ramblings. It completely thrills and amazes me every time I see readers from another country coming along for the ride. When I began these ramblings, I really thought it was a shot in the dark, and just maybe my family might like to read it. There is no way I could have ever imagined, that these months later, people from a bunch of countries on every continent on the planet actually read it every week!

I am incredibly grateful.


With that, I will leave you with my final wish for this year, 2011.


May your year come to a close with those you love, calm reflection, and, without regret.
May you look back on the last 12 months and see it as precious time, well spent.

May you look ahead at this threshold with the excitement and anticipation it deserves.
May you see it as a host of opportunities and possibilities, not as likely bumps and curves.

May you look at each new dawn, through the eyes of those who fight to live every day.
May you keep in your heart how fragile our time here is, wasting it, just isn't the way.

May you bring in the New Year with joy, happiness and a kiss.
May your next 12 months be, well, simply, bliss.



Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


See you in 2 weeks!
















No comments:

Post a Comment