Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Lexi" and "Crazy" Head to New York? Maybe!



Hellooooooooooo!


Well, this has been quite a week.

Along with so many around the world, I was very saddened to hear about the passing of Etta James. She was an incredible voice, and did so much for women in music. Her courage and determination to, not only follow her dreams, but to do so through incredible hardships and with such passion, makes it very clear I, for one, have no excuses not to chase down my own.

When those before us break through and overcome more barriers and difficulties than we can even entertain as a thought, I feel it kind of becomes our responsibility to give our dreams a real shot. I can't believe, in good conscience, they went through all that they did so we would sit around  doubting ourselves, and talking ourselves out of things because of what others might think or say.

That being said, we are all still human, and in a lot of cases, fear failure, and, I think, in even more cases, fear success. Either way, it's fear. Fear can't drive our lives, that job, I beleive,  is for Joy.


You may have noticed the picture of "Lexi's Magic Clothes" and "A Crazy Day" at the top of the page. I stepped another step out of my comfort zone this week, and sent an email to the McNally Robinson in New York. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, and it might not turn into anything at all. In fact, it more than likely won't. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while, but, have been very hesitant about doing. I'm not even sure I can explain why. Fear. Fear of the unknown. Will there be rules about going across the border? Will they give me a shot? What if they don't? What next? What if they do? What next? I'll be sure to let you know if and when I hear anything back.

Also this week, I managed to get to work for one whole day! Yep, it was only a matter of time before old man winter reared his ugly head here in good, old Saskatchewan. With the wind, it felt like 45 degrees below zero for most of the week. Travelling any distance at temperatures like that is not something you do unless you absolutely have no choice.

The good news is, the cold snap didn't last very long. We are looking at much more reasonable temperatures for at least the next little while. But, hey, it's January, it's Saskatchewan, it's a crap shoot.


The extra time at home wasn't spent toooo frivolously. I'm happy to report that our income tax crap, I mean, papers, are ready and waiting for the accountant. I was able to get completely caught up with housework, and, had time to cook meals that required more than a george foreman grill and a microwave!

I also took upon myself to set up a facebook page for margyreidbooks.net. I have a few "likes" already, and I'd love if you would search "margyreidbooks.net" on facebook, and "like" my page. I'm hoping to get more pictures on there of different trade shows and things. Again, I'm going by the seat of my pants, so we'll see where it takes me!


The week finished off in a great way. I spent today with my youngest daughter, sorting through, washing, and folding tiny little baby clothes in preparation for her little man who is due to make an appearance in about 2 weeks. That, homemade soup,Yahtzee and a Brad Pitt movie, a good day.


So, for the upcoming week:

Research marketing strategies for promoting books.

Drop off tax stuff at accountant office.

Work.

Attend  local Library Board meeting.

Laundry, toilet scrubbing and other glamorous things.


Thanks again for taking the time to read these ramblings. Wherever they find you in this world, I hope they always find you well.

Until next week, I'll leave you with this wish:



May you spread the warmth of a smile, no matter how bitterly cold the weather may be.
May you share the light in your laughter no matter the hours of darkness remaining in the day.

May you pink up someone's "winter blues" with a grin or unexpected hug.
May you find fires to sit by, and mugs of hot chocolate and homemade soup to chug.

May your kids bring home their own boots and mittens from the kaos of the "hometime" bell.
May they only eat the "clean" snow, and keep their snowpants from becoming laundry hell.


Would love if you checked out my books!

www.margyreidbooks.net

No comments:

Post a Comment