Saturday, May 19, 2012

Crisis Averted? I Hope So!




I was absolutely blown away by the beautiful setting in which this incredible wedding took place! Just gorgeous!

To think it exists in li'l ol' Saskatchewan! Blown away.


It really was an incredible wedding. One that romance novels are written about. The absolutely adorable couple have been dating since the ripe old age of 13, where "dating" apparently consisted of hanging out at school and 10 minute phone calls. They then became engaged at their high school graduation, and are married now, 3 years later, at 21.

I know for all of the jaded sceptics out there, this seems a bit nuts, being so young, never having dated anyone but each other. I know what you're thinking. But, you know, I have been to a LOT of weddings, and I have to say, this young couple seems to have such a complete connection to each other. One that a lot of others can only hope for. Plus, did I mention that they are soooo freakin' adorable!?!


Anyway, the wedding went without a hitch, and everyone seemed to have a really good time. Mission accomplished.

The rest of the week had it's own, shall we say, charm. Everything was going along swimmingly, I was joining my mom, my sister, and her family for a celebration for my nephew when.... I received an email from the layout guy at the printer. Apparently my ever so carefully planned "map" for "Wishes", in which I sent all instruction as to what photo goes where etc., was pretty much useless to him. I guess, after he brought the text down to size the page numbers no longer coincided with the photos. So, I ended up taking an impromptu day "off" and basically redid it all, making sure it was all in a single file, this time. That was Tuesday.

Then, yesterday, imagine my excitement when, after a day filled with work, taking my Mom shopping, picking Ethan up, picking up my hubby, and meeting another of our daughters and her boyfriend for supper, I received an email from the layout guy. re: Wishes!

Not being able to open attachments properly on my phone, I waited until we got home and had
Ethan settled, to open it. I was actually going to get to see the beginnings of what the first few pages of "Wishes" were going to look like!

Well, to make a long story short, I had to send another email. Text and photos were not at all how I had planned. One, which was supposed to be black and white, wasn't. I just hope the email I sent back was in English, and made sense this time. I wrote it when I was pretty wiped out, I hope to hear back from him soon. This experience is definitely different than writing, and putting together kids books. But, I'm learning, I'll be better at it next time around, if I get the chance to have a next time.

As for the rest of the week, I didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped. Although,I did get a good start on the music for our next wedding gig. It's in 5 weeks, lots of time! Yeah, right!

So, for the upcoming 7 days......


I really need to get at making the posters for "Tags"

I have to track down another easel, the ones I like are hard to get your hands on, everybody else apparently likes them too!

Hopefully, receive good news about "Wishes"! (crossing fingers, toes... basically anything that crosses)

Toddler wrangling, ladybug safaris, playground attending, dinosaur condo building, snack making, countless evil grins, dog poop dodging walks, and endless games of tag ( some of which I am not made aware until I am tagged!....crafty)


Until next time, I'll leave you with this wish................


May your mind become next to comatose with quiet, as to allow your body to rest.
May you be at peace with the "done" on your "to do", you know you did your best.

May any strains and pains completely vanish from your weary bones.
May all that causes your heart to ache, subside, so a real peacefulness, you'll own.

May the busy noise of your "everyday" not overwhelm your soul.
May you put it aside at day's end, to replenish, to refresh, become whole.



Thanks for taking the time to read these ramblings!

www.margyreidbooks.net and on FaceBook!


No comments:

Post a Comment