Saturday, May 26, 2012

Email tag...I Hope I'm Winning?!




Well, Hello my blog buddies!


This is a photo that you will soon find in the upcoming book, "Everyday Wishes For Your Extraordinary Life."

I'm still a bit anxious about this one. A few more tweeks were needed after receiving the rough draft of the layout for the second time. It's not quite how I'd like it to be, just yet. There are soooooo many details and decisions to make. Quality of paper, font, photos, layout, which wishes to put in, which to leave out, size of book, what the cover should look like, does it need an introduction?Yes? Then what should it be? Did I say to much? Did I not say enough? Will people get my sense of humour? Will they be offended? Will people look at it when it's finished and say "What the hell were you thinkin'?!" "You should have stuck to telling kids stories!"

It can be a titch overwhelming if I let myself go there for any length of time. I just have to remember to breathe, and that even in a worst case scenario situation, nobody dies! All else fails, and I don't sell a single copy, I'll have birthday/grad/wedding/Christmas gifts for a lot of people for a loooong time! I'm ok with that.


Well, other than emailing back and forth with my layout dude, this week went pretty well. I didn't get a lot of other book stuff done, re: easel, promo posters for "Tags" and "Wishes", but I did get to spend some time with my Mom, and most of my girls.

I did go to work, just in case you thought I was slacking off. The little guys I care for are really starting to talk up a storm! And it's getting to be more often than not that more than their Mom and I can understand them! It's completely incredible how far they have come since their remarkable beginning. From the tiny little people, fighting to stay here for the first few months of their lives, to the precious wee ones who, at five pounds and three months, were able to come home, when I came into the picture, still having to revive them, as they would frequently stop breathing during feedings! They are now these bright, inquisitive, mischievous, agile, daredevil, toddlers who are so full of vigor and life that, to look at them, you would never guess they had such a shaky start.

Ahhh, munchkins....what would I do without them?! I sincerely hope I never find out.


So, for the next seven days...........

Maybe.....just maybe.....I will actually get posters and easels looked after!

I received my application for the Battlefords Mistletoe Craft and Gift Tradeshow, so I will definitely get that filled out and sent away! It's Always a Blast!

Then, at the end of the week, the hubs and I will be attending a b-b-q at my baby sister's house! My other sister is coming into town with her hubby for a visit, so we are all descending on the place to get together and shoot the...breeze.

I'm not going to lie, there will probably be some cocktails involved, along with good food, some fairly dark humour, and, oh, did I say cocktails? 

I love hearing from you, so let the messages and comments fly!



So, until next time, I will leave you with this wish............



May the sunshine on your face bring with it sweet memories from your childhood.
May the spring breeze carry the heady fragrance of blooms, and green, sapling wood.

May you take in the perfume of freshly cut grass, a spring shower, newly tilled, clean soil.
May you, later this summer, have the sweetness in your kitchen of homemade jam about to boil.

May you, if you've been deprived of being a farm kid, not be jealous of our country skills, our country wit.
May you overcome your obvious inadequacy of identifying the species of every whiff of........manure.


www.margyreidbooks.net







No comments:

Post a Comment