Saturday, July 14, 2012

Dreams And Coffee On The Deck!




Hello there!


Ahhhh, summer!

It's so nice and peaceful to kick back and relax on my deck with a morning coffee and listen to the birds. A lawnmower is humming in the distance, kids laughing somewhere just out of sight, soft music is streaming from the CD player, yup, this is what I look so forward to during the long, winter months.



Well, this week was back, more or less, to the everyday shenanigans. I was able to get back to work, although I had to modify some of the playing. For instance, taking my big water gun to work with me and taking the munchkins into the back yard for a rousing game of  "Try to catch the stream of water that Margy is shooting high up in the air."  Hey, don't knock it til you try it!


I did some rehearsing for our show next weekend in Denzil. I think it's going to be a blast! I'm not quite running at full throttle yet, but I should be good to go by then, for sure!

I need to send a big thank you out to Maggie and Amanda! They found a Trade Show in Eatonia in October that will work in great with everything else. It looks like a great show, and gets me into a new area of the Province. Thanks, ladies!

I was able to work a bit more on the Wedding coming up, and throw a few more words at the new press release.


So things are shaping up pretty well, time wise. We have the show in Denzil, Wedding to do in Kindersley, Winnipeg to pick up books, Wedding to do in Elbow, launch and signing for the new books at McNally, Word on the Street Festival in Saskatoon, Unity Trade Show, Eatonia Trade Show, North Battleford Trade Show, and hopefully I'll have some readings booked in there somewhere. So looking forward to all of it! I'm excited, but also a bit nervous about how the new books will be received.

I still have to pinch myself now and again when I stop and think about everything that has happened in the last two years. I'm actually going to be launching my 3rd and 4th books this fall! Unreal!



So for the upcoming week..........



I need to get everything ready for the show in Denzil.... rehearse,check song binders, request slips, make sure there are pencils etc...

hopefully, finish press release.......

The usual work, laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning and other glamorous things..........





Well folks, that about does it for this week.


Until then, I'll leave you with this wish............




May you dare to dream the dreams for which you fear to give a voice or even a whisper in the night.
May you bring them to the forefront, where they can gain strength, colour, shape and fight.

May you nurture them and help them grow until they are mature enough to see the light of day.
May you push past the fear of being judged, and hold them high, no matter what the world has to say.

May you step outside of what's comfortable, for dreams need big spaces to thrive.
May you stand facing skyward as your dreams learn to soar, knowing what it means to be alive.


Until next time!

Check me out on Facebook, just search www.margyreidbooks.net ! I always love to read your comments and messages!





















1 comment:

  1. Hello Margy! I found you through a gal at work - Dana R. Oh it is nice over here. I like your words, I like your thoughts. Yes indeed ~ I will be back!

    Have a beautiful weekend!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete