Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sciatic Nerves and Silver Milestones!





Hi All!


I thought I would post a photo of one of the first wonders of a human life. A window to the outdoors. How incredible something as simple as a front yard with some grass, trees, and a few birds must seem through the eyes of a 4 month old.

One of my personal beliefs is that the key to true happiness is to hold tightly to even a shred of the incredulous wonder we experience as children, and put that to the forefront when we come upon new experiences in our adult lives. Sadly, I think the awe and wonder gets overtaken by skepticism and fear due to the bumps and bruises our egos endure through the course of growing up.

I believe one of the greatest disservices we do to both ourselves and those we raise, is to believe the skepticism and fear, give it undeserved merit, and push aside the wonder and awe as naivete. The reality of life dictates that we do need to exercise a measure of caution in things we do. My hope is, that caution stays just that, and doesn't become the fear and skepticism that has the power to paralyze our dreams.

Annnyyywhooooooo.............................


The majority of this week was spent with my buttocks planted firmly in a recliner. Now, just so you know, the reason for this is not voluntary. As last week's b-b-q was drawing to a close, I began experiencing a weird pain in my left hip. By the end of the evening, I couldn't take more than a few steps without a lot of pain. (Now, just to keep that in perspective, keep in mind I have had 4 kids, experienced approximately 200 hours of labour and no epidurals.) I think I must have pinched a nerve during the water fight or something. Anyway, sitting still is not one of my strong suits, as those who know me can tell you. It's been a bit of a long week.

On the upside, did you know that there was actually a reality show to determine the cast of a new version of "The Partridge Family"? Aaaaand Emma Stone ( using her before fame name Emily Stone) won the role of the new Laurie! Although I don't ever remember seeing this new Partridge Family show, I wonder if this was her launching pad. Just goes to show you that you never know what can come of any given experience. This show was in 2004, a mere 8 years ago. She went from the new "Laurie: to "The Help" in that time. A LOT can happen in 8 years.


Also, with all of the chair time, I was able to get a bit of a start on that ever nagging press release. The words are not exactly flowing like the  Mississippi, but they are moving along like a pretty.... good...creek.

Unable to safely keep up with two rambunctious toddlers, I had to leave my munchkins' Mom in a bit of a lurch. I hate that I couldn't go, but, I just don't think it would be fair to go and not be able to do what I need to do. I'm sure hoping that all is good by Monday. It would help immensely if I didn`t have weird reactions to so many over the counter and prescription meds. But that`s life, if this is my biggest problem, life is pretty damn good.

So, for the upcoming week........

Hopefully go to work............

Work on music for upcoming wedding.................

Rehearse for show that happens in 2 weeks.......

Do some more work on press release..........

Make sure I squeeze some grandbabies.......


So folks, this week marked the passing of a pretty sizable milestone for my husband and I. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary! Man, how time flies when you`re having babies....ummm and fun!


In honor of that, I will leave you with this wish.....

For my Honey.........


May you know, the day we met, my life`s course was ever changed for the better.
May you know how incredibly grateful I am, every day, that we are together.

May you understand how completely I love you with everything I am and can be.
May you know how much I appreciate you simply loving me for being me.

May you know that through life`s hardships, and Lord knows we`ve had more than a few.
May you know in the deepest part of your heart, the only one I would want get through them with is you.

May you know how much I love that we`ve made it, against all the odds society placed upon our young married life.
May you really feel in your soul how much deeper my love for you grows with each passing day, it`s still so much my honor to call myself your wife.











No comments:

Post a Comment