Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bad Pics and Red Tape!





Hi!

You know, sometimes, there is nothing like the complete and utter vastness of a prairie sunset to put things into perspective.


If you let it in, the sheer beauty of it can take hold of your soul, making you believe that anything is possible.  That if, this day, even if it's been a bad one, the worst one, a devastating one, can end in such breathtaking measure, then, as the new dawn rises, it can only bring with it, better things.

Every new day brings new opportunities, new challenges, new people, new experiences. Not all encounters carry a life changing impact on a monumental scale, but, I believe, they are life changing, every single one.  Every single thing that happens during the course of a day happens in succession to bring us to where we need to be at any given moment. Stop lights, hesitating to pick up a dropped hat, making the walk light just before it turned, maybe even missing getting in line before the lady with the heaping cart and screaming baby. I believe everything happens for a reason, and not just the big things.

Now, if a person began to focus and obsess about the complicated interconnection of the intricate lace that is life, we would end up not really living, and therefore, I believe, completely miss the whole point.

We can't enjoy life if we obsess about every minute detail, but, I think it is important to keep in mind the impact we have on others on a daily basis, even if it's the lady with the heaping cart and screaming baby.


Well, that's it for this week in Country Girl Philosophy 101.


So..........in the past week........



If you happened to pick up a copy of the Rosetown Eagle this week, you saw the article that came from the interview I did last week.  You may recall I thought I hadn't said anything too crazy..... well I'm now not convinced that that is correct. The article is accompanied by a picture. I'm not the most photogenic person, so getting a good photo is a long shot at the best of times. Throw in a few nights of little sleep and some nerves?............ Well, let me put it this way, even the most aged and crazy past supermodels have nothing to worry about.

The reporter did do a good job with what he was given to work with, though. Hopefully I will do a better job with my end of interviews in the future, if given the chance.


Well, "Tags" and "Wishes" have been out for a week now. Online sales are a bit slow. I'm thinking it might be due to the fact that the website was down for so long. It is working now, thankfully. So I'm working on getting the word out about it again.

We did find a solution to the wrong website being printed on all of the books. On my hubby's suggestion, we picked up a label maker and went nuts with it. We aren't anywhere near finished putting the new stickers on all of the back covers yet, but we are making a dent. All in good time.


Oh, and on our new adventure front, I really am not being dramatic about it, we are simply foraging our way through what seems to be an ever more dense jungle of red tape.  It's a lot of hurry up and wait. It might take another couple of weeks to find out.


So.... for the upcoming week........

Tomorrow, we are off to a gig at a wedding in Elbow. It's an absolutely gorgeous place for a wedding, the one we did there last year was such a good time. I have no doubt that this one will be as well. The people are so warm and welcoming, you walk in feeling like one of the family.

Then, it will be time to get things ready for the Trade Show season coming up. Art in the Park is first on Aug.25th right here in Milden. I'll have a table to sign and sell books, plus we are providing the background music for the afternoon. I'm looking forward to it, it should be a fun day.

The rest of the week is kind of up in the air..... going to have to go by the seat of my pants on this one. 

Though life is a bit unsettled right now, I feel in my bones that on the other side of this storm lies a lingering peace. I look forward to it.


So, my friends that about does it for this week.

I want you to know how honoured and humbled I am by the fact that you take the time to read these crazy ramblings each week. From Russia to Indonesia, from Turkey to Germany, from Latvia to Malaysia and everywhere in between, thank you.


Until next time, I'll leave you with this wish........


May you encounter the kindness of a stranger and pay forward a good deed.
May you feel impassioned by a cause and wholeheartedly help fulfill the need.

May every step you take have mindful purpose, whether in seriousness or in play.
May you be careful of the lives you touch, making sure it's in a positive way.

May you never be the darkness in the room, always striving to be the light.
May you keep in mind darkness breeds only more darkness, nothing good, nothing bright.

May the fortitude to walk away from those with nothing but harsh words overtake your stride.
May you, instead, stroll with those filled with kindness and laughter, those filled with a healthy pride.



Until Next Week!

Check out my website! It's Working!!!! www.margyreidbooks.com







No comments:

Post a Comment