Friday, August 10, 2012

They're Here!




Wow, I can't believe they are finally here!


"Tags Go In The Back"  and "Everyday Wishes For Your Extraordinary Life" are finished and on the bookshelves at McNally Robinson Booksellers in Saskatoon as we speak! Some are on their way to the Winnipeg store and should arrive there next week.


It kind of feels like when you're putting together a new recipe; some of this, a little of that, a pinch of humour, adding a smidgen of sarcasm to taste, finally, a huge chunk of your soul,. Then, when it's finished, you just hope that everybody likes it, or at least, everybody doesn't hate it.


Time will tell.


In the meantime.........


At 46, I'm finding new, weird and wonderful ways my body is getting back at me for things I did to it earlier in life.

For instance, and I apologize if this offends, but, do you ever feel like your uterus is on some kind of vengeful crusade against you and the rest of your body?  I'm beginning to believe it might be carrying a grudge and is just that pissed at me for having 4 kids in 41/2 years. In my early 20's, I was pretty mean to my uterus...............



If the rest of my body decides to take up the cause, I could be in some trouble.


I don't mean to turn this into a pre-menopausal rant, but, I have a few questions for Mother Nature ( if that is indeed your real name).

Why is it that after spending most of our lives dealing with our "monthly visitor", our grand reward toward the end of this loveliness is hyper PMS, wacky emotional roller coaster rides and maybe, just maybe, the luckiest of the lucky will start having bouts of insomnia, night sweats, and the odd wild hair growing out of somewhere that has no business growing hair!

And.....and.....why, does the severity of any particular month's bout of PMS absolutely correlate relatively to the incompetence and idiocy of those you need to deal with? Coincidence? Or some cruel cosmic joke?


I went and saw the Avengers movie last week. Is it just me, or was the girl the only one kickin' butt without any super powers?

Personally, I think if you added about 20-25 years to Cat Woman, the Black Widow and Wonder Woman, let them live together so their cycles sync up, then every 21 to 28 days deprive them of anything in the chololate family and have their husbands leave their dirty socks lay around for a few days, unleash them on the world, the bad guys wouldn't stand a chance!


Just sayin'...........................


Ok, maybe it's been a bit of a rough week. My website was basically scooped up by pirates, so I had to get a new one. My site is now www.margyreidbooks.com instead of .net.

So, not only did I have to change facebook, order new business cards, and get a new site put together in time for the new books to come out, but the old site is now on all of the new books. I'll have to get tiny stickers printed so I can cover the wrong web address on ALL my books, new and old.

Also, the results of this new adventure we are investigating are taking longer than we had hoped.


Pity party is officially over. I mean, really, if these are my worst problems?

After all, my books are here, they look great. Life is good.


So, for the upcoming week!



Well, tomorrow, we will spend some time with a good friend, our daughters, son-in-law and grandbabies.

Then it will be heading home to finish up the music for the wedding on the 18th.

Get stickers printed and applied

Do laundry.....yay

Clean house.......double yay


Hopefully get great news about our adventure........







In the meantime, my friends, in honor of the Olympics I'll leave you with this wish.........




May every event in your life bring with it, it's own reward, be it a medal, a hug or a crooked grin.
May you feel as overcome with delight as an athlete serenaded by their anthem, ignited from within.


May any adversity, injury, or hurdle only fuel your fire to drive on, push through, succeed.
May you see that inside your soul lives the desire, talent, drive, everything you need.


May you be surrounded by coaches to help guide your way, and teammates who will constantly push you to be the best that you can be.
May you find that the real gold was always in the journey, you were just meant to learn, to love, to be.




Until Next Time!



Feel free to check out my new website www.margyreidbooks.com















No comments:

Post a Comment