Saturday, January 5, 2013
New Year's Resolutions!
Hmmmm.... for some reason the blog site isn't letting me put a picture up, this week. I'd draw you something, but I don't think I could stand the hysterical laughter.
Well folks, the new year is upon us, and I hope the first days of 2013 have brought you a ton of joy.
We rang in the new year doing a show in Denzil,Sk. It was a 6 hour celebration that contained a lot of laughs, some cocktails, and fireworks at midnight. A great time had with great people.
So this past week included not just our New Year's show, but, taking down Christmas decorations, laundry, cleaning, and a road trip with my daughter.
Yep, sadly the snowmen are back in the basement, the house is now completely un-Christmasfied, and everything is back to "normal".
Once that was complete, it was time to accompany my eldest daughter on, what turned out to be, a 16 hour road trip. To make long story short, let's just say that spending about 13 of the 16 hours sitting on a soda-soaked, (dog's fault) dog-hair covered, (white dog hair vs. my black yoga pants and bunny-hug) blanket, is not the mode of travel I would most recommend. It's very cold and wet, then sticky, and at about hour 10, starts getting itchy. In case you were wondering.
New Year's Resolutions........
Last week I told you I would post my New Year's Resolutions, well, here they are.
For the entirety of 2013 I resolve to do the following:
1) Make someone smile every day. It doesn't matter if it's a stranger, an acquaintance, or a family member, whether it's on the phone, online, or in person.
2) Have a "fun" day. At least once a month have one day dedicated completely to fun. No "have to's" allowed.
3) Do something I've never done. At least 3 times during 2013 I want to do something completely new. Take a ride in a hot air balloon, write a play, ride an elephant, it doesn't matter, as long as it's something I've never done.
4) Cut myself the same break as I tend to give other people. I don't know about you, but I tend to be harder on myself than I am on any other person. Even those I'm not particularly fond of. What is that?! I need to be kinder to myself. Period.
5) Make 2013 a year to remember. I plan to squeeze every bit of life out of every day of 2013. After all, none of us live with the promise of ringing in 2014, so I think it's our duty to wring all we can from the year at hand.
6) Continue on with random acts of kindness. You just never know what impact it might have. Besides, sometimes, the looks on people's faces is priceless!
Well, that about does it for my resolutions. I don't usually "do" resolutions, I guess, because in the past, any I made were the usual, drop some pounds, don't eat chocolate, go on treadmill every day, kind of stuff. They never stuck, I suppose, because they didn't mean that much to me. I guess the trick to resolutions, at least for me, is to make them about things that really matter.
So the upcoming week will involve putting the finishing touches on our income tax stuff, making some calls to try and book some readings and karaoke/dj shows and a trip to the city for some errands, both big and small.
So my friends, as we embark on the new adventures of 2013, I'll leave you with this wish...........
May this year bring you utterly obnoxious, obscene, gratuitous amounts of joy and laughter.
May you achieve, beyond imagination, every dream you were even thinking of going after.
May you meet wonderful, positive, people, and embrace them, letting 'em in.
May you discover talents within yourself you were unaware you were given.
May every month bring something even more spectacular than the month before.
May happiness and contentment make light even the most mundane chore.
May any and all hardships that come your way be diminutive in size.
May you react to them with actions that are courageous and wise.
May you get to know yourself a little better this year, get more comfortable in your skin.
May you learn more, with each passing day, about the beautiful person within.
Until next week..........