Saturday, May 25, 2013

Another Week.....Take A Peek!




Hi!


You hear it all the time, and, for me, well, for us all, really, it stands very true. What a difference a year makes!


Almost exactly a year ago today, I was happily chasing two adorable twin boys and their sweetly creative big sister. I was just beginning to put together a project that was new, scary and very different from anything I had done up to that point.

Above, is a version of the photo that resides at the beginning of "Everyday Wishes For Your Extraordinary Life."

After dumping the picture drawer onto the living room floor, I began placing, replacing, snapping some shots, replacing, and snapping again. In doing so, I had a chance to take another look at these snapshots of my life. Of everyone's life. Births, grads, weddings, family photos, school trips, school pictures, random pictures of nothing in particular, and pictures of generations now missed.

As I permit my mind's eye to peek into the past twelve months, it sometimes feels like all of it couldn't have possibly happened in that short of a time.  There have been 2 new books, jobs lost, weddings played, trade shows-a-plenty, kids and grandkids moving in, a new grandbaby on the way, and a business fought for, and started. Yes, it's been a pretty eventful, busy, frustrating, stressful, overwhelming, rewarding, joyous 12 months.

Life is good.

A year ago, I poured my life on to the living room floor, not having the slightest clue what the next months would bring. "Everyday Wishes" remains a project that lives very close to my heart. I am so honored and thrilled when I hear from readers that it has become a gift for a loved one. To let it sink in, that words I've put on a page have, in any way, put a smile on a face I will never know, touches me to the core, and humbles me, completely.


An awful lot has happened, and I'm excited to see what comes next. Who knows?  Nothing is off-limits. Nothing ever is.


So, this past week has been pretty crazy.......


We had a great week at the shop, 6 or 7 trailers in, fixed, and out.....

It was a scary week, due to tornadoes doing their horrible dance all over Oklahoma, where my sis-in -law and her hubby reside.

It was a tragic week learning about the devastation brought on by those tornadoes.( past the sis-in-law by)

But, it did end on a good note.


Today, we went in to Saskatoon to pick up parts for a big job coming up on a trailer, and we were able to stop by my sister's house, where my Mom is visiting. As a bonus, 2 of our daughters were visiting as well, so we go to see them too! As an even more special bonus, part of the entertainment was my adorable 4 year old niece doing "magic" tricks! Too cute!

Oh yeah, and we've been officially booked to do our first wedding in 2014!


Now, for the upcoming few days......


Tomorrow I am off to North Battleford, where I will spend an evening with my great friend.

Monday, said great friend and I will road trip to Lloydminster so I can read to the munchkins at Jack Kemp Community School for the afternoon. It's going to be a blast!

The rest of the week will entail dealing with insurance companies about different customer's trailers and their repairs, cleaning up some mud, tackle month end stuff, and assist in the fixing of some trailers.


Well, that about does it for this week.....until next time, I'll leave you with this wish....



May you, feeling like the next blow handed to you may be the last one you can take, know it's not.
May you, feeling stepped on, beaten, broken, alone, thinking somehow it's your fault, know it's not.

May you, feeling unfathomable loss, devastation, thinking Nature must be targeting you, know it's not.
May you, feeling shock and disgust, losing faith in man's humanity, thinking it's lost, know it's not.

May you, when the next blow comes, and it will, know this will not be the knockout round, no it's not.
May you, take a stand against the hand that holds you down, for this is not the life you choose, no it's not.

May you, as you sift through the rubble find strength to move forward, life is not a gift to waste, no it's not.
May you, be the humanity you crave, share it, teach it to the younger souls, then it's never lost, no it's not.




Until next week!

www.margyreidbooks.com











No comments:

Post a Comment