Saturday, March 8, 2014

Book Is Ready To Rock! Almost.........

 
Hi!
 
Wouldn't it be nice to have the life of a house cat? It would like taking permanent residence in an all expense paid spa.
 
 
Well, despite the distraction that this creature can cause, this week was pretty productive.
 
 
 
 
After assisting in some siding installation, I was able to sneak a day to finish up some things for my next book.
 
Yup, the next story is now completely ready for Valerie (illustrator). I have the copyright in hand, ISBN number, layout figured out, font picked, estimated cost per book, blurb and photo written and selected for the back cover.
 
Now it's just a matter of getting the funding put in place. It's looking like I probably won't be able to have this book in hand before the end of the school year, like I had hoped, but I should have it by mid-summer. That will be in time for a reading I'm doing, and in time to plan a launch for early September. It should all work out ok.
 
Also, this week, I celebrated my 48th birthday.  So much took place in the months that I was 47. A new business, a new grand daughter, another daughter becoming engaged, yet another daughter becoming a home owner, a grandson starting kindergarten, and getting another book underway.
 
But, there were other, more subtle things that happened, as well.  My 47th year saw me get more comfortable in my own skin. I'm finding that, with the passage of time, I'm becoming a better friend to myself.  It's tough. For some reason, for me, anyway, I seem to hold myself to a much higher standard of expectation than I do anyone else.
 
 I have no problem forgiving, forgetting, or giving the benefit of the doubt to others. It's never been that hard to cut others some slack. For some reason, I just haven't extended that same courtesy to myself. It's getting better. I'm learning.
 
 
So, now I look ahead to the year of 48.  I have some plans, but, if time has taught me anything, it's that plans are great, but...............our plans are always trumped by life. If you are able to work even a portion of your plans into the weave of it all, you're doing pretty damn good.
 
 
As for the next week?
 
 
At the shop, we'll be finishing up one big project, working in a smaller one, and then start another big one.
 
Hopefully, we can squeak in some rehearsal time for our St. Patty's Day show we are doing next weekend.
 
Other than that? Who knows!
 
 
Well folks, that about does it for me for another week.. until next time.....
 
 
 
 
May you extend the same kindness to yourself that you do for those around you.
May you allow yourself to celebrate everything you are and all you do.
 
May you be open to all things positive, all, not just the things you've planned.
May you discover the power in rejecting the negative, let it fall, a pillar made of sand.
 
May you see it's not pride or conceit being displayed when you do things to feed your soul.
May you see it's merely being kind to a friend, showing respect, taking care, that's all.
 
 
 
Until next week..........................
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment