Saturday, April 19, 2014

Chocolate For Breakfast!? Yes, Please.......


Ahhhhhhh.....Easter,



Spring weather, just not here....... yet........, tales of a mysterious rabbit, pictures of adorable baby chicks, lambs and ducklings as far as the eye can see, and the one day out of the year you can eat chocolate for breakfast, guilt free.... cuz the Easter Bunny said so.........


Oh, and I believe I may have read somewhere that Jelly Beans become an official vegetable for the day........it was on the internet, so it must be true!


As I sit here writing, the sun is having it out with the clouds, trying to poke through and bathe us with some much needed warmth. It's been very gloomy in this neck of the woods for a while now, and I, for one, find my mood wanting desperately to follow suit.

I was very grateful to have the splash of spring cheeriness depicted above come through the shop doors! Thanks Dana! It was certainly a great pick-me-up!



Soooooooooooo.....


This week went pretty great...

On the courier front......getting stonewalled a bit.....not too worried....always another wrung to climb ....

My marbles seem to have returned to the nest after my run-in with the ladder, last week. Ok, maybe not completely, cuz I'm pretty sure marbles don't live in nests......or at all......oh well, moving on.........

The Author's Showcase in Biggar was fantastic! The kids were adorable, and it completely blew me away when at least half the kids in my second group knew the stories well enough that they were telling them along with me!

The staff and kids went out of their way to make us feel welcome, and the lunch was incredible.

Thanks again to all of the people involved, it was a great day.

The rest of the week flew by, as the shop is hoppin'! We are so grateful to be so busy!

So, tonight, our kids start to descend  upon the homestead...

The pork loin is marinating, the cookies are baked, the candy has been procured, and tomorrow, the home made strawberry shortcake will be topping off a treat filled, fun day. There may be evidence of mud in the entryway, a few dust bunnies hiding out, and a bit of laundry left undone, but, hey, sometimes ya just gotta do what you can with the time you have. Besides, the queen rarely comes to visit, so I think we'll be okay....


I'm looking very forward to having most, if not all of our kids under one roof again, even if it's only for a short while. I'll take it!



Off topic....................


Someone very close to me suffered a significant loss this week. It was unpreventable, unpredictable, unforeseeable, came out of nowhere, and hit hard. A million cliches come to mind, a thousand well-meaning anecdotes, a hundred inane phrases. All useless.

Until next time, I'll leave you with this wish................................



May you know that even as words fail to comfort, we are there, in silence, arms ready to embrace.
May you know we will patiently stand by, no clocks watched, no judgments passed, set your own pace.

May you understand even though we can empathize, sympathize, we can't really know how you feel.
May you know we'll do our best to help, though our efforts may seem clumsy, the concern is very real.

May you, in time, rediscover your smile, your joy, may laughter once again come quickly to your eyes.
May you find your way to the other side of this sadness, no longer paralyzed by grief's cries.


Until then.........


www.margyreidbooks.com

















No comments:

Post a Comment