Sunday, July 27, 2014

Disappointments, Damp Weather & Dreams!





Wow! What a week!



Well, we began the week with a couple of disappointments.

We had to tell one client that the very expensive after-market part he purchased online was faulty and another one would be needed. The guy who sold it to him seems to be willing to send another at no charge, if it works, that will be great, but it won't get here in time for our client to go on his holiday. At least not with a working fridge.

We had to break the news to another client that her plans were also going to have to be altered. In the process of re-siding her trailer we found some rotted and wet framing. Some pieces had to be replaced, and others, we simply had to let dry out. Closing it up while wet or damp would be inviting all kinds of problems, down the road.

Well, it's been incredibly humid here for several days, so even with several fans and a de-humidifier it took a good long while to dry to the point that it was safe to cover. We thought we were in the home stretch and were good to go, until we uncovered the last bit and found more.


She was understandably upset, no one likes to have their plans turned upside down at the last minute. Sometimes, a magic wand would be damn handy.


These two instances are the first in which we weren't able to get our client on their way in time. I can't say I'm a fan.  But, in the end, all we can do is what we can do, and sometimes, we just have to accept the fact that this may happen from time to time, and there is nothing we can do about it, no matter how much we hate it, no matter how hard we try. It still sucks.

Then, as an extra added bonus, we had no power for a good bit on one of the days! We would have opened the doors for light, if it hadn't been for the pounding rain and stupid wind!


The end of the week brightened considerably!


After putting a good few weeks of 14-16 hour days, our daughter, winning some tickets at her work, invited her Dad and I to go to a Rider Game!

Now, for those who are unfamiliar, I invite you to google "Saskatchewan Roughriders", or "Rider Pride".
Once you do, it will give you a much better understanding of my excitement.

You see, the Saskatchewan Roughriders are the only professional sports team in our Province, and to say we, as a Province, are big fans, is probably one of the biggest understatements of all time.

Me, personally, well, I've been a fan as along as I can remember. But, up until this evening, I had never had the opportunity to attend a game. The "home" games are  about 2 1/2 hours away, and tickets can be expensive. I guess, over the years I had pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I would have to be content to watch the games from my living room , driving my hubby nuts with all my jumping up and down and yelling at the tv.


When our daughter came into the shop, and told us of her plan, I have to say, it took a minute or two for it to register. I actually had a real opportunity to actually really go to an actual game!

It was an evening game, so we only had  to snitch an hour of shop time to make it happen. Working every waking hour of every day, really isn't the healthiest way to live, so we gave ourselves permission to take Saturday evening and Sunday off, and went to the game with our kids!


It was AWESOME! the weather cleared, the crowd was just as nuts as I am, yelling and cheering and jumping up and down. Just like at home, only with about 32000+ of my closest friends!

It was loud, it was rowdy, it was everything I thought it would be, and we won!  I actually got to go, and I have the pictures to remind myself that it happened.

So tomorrow, I will get to attend a baby shower. A shower that celebrates and welcomes not one, but two babies! Double baby day? Gotta love it!




As fir the rest of the upcoming week......................


Thankfully, it will be another busy one at the shop, working in a couple of mobile service calls along the way.

Then, next Saturday, it's off to Major, Sk. for their centennial celebration! It's gonna be a blast! It's just too bad I won't have "Alfred" along for the trip. Next time!



Well folks, it's now 5:38am and time to go to bed, so until next time, I'll leave you with this wish............



May a smoldering ember keep burning desires alive and well, until the universe finds a way to bring them to you.
May those embers combust into complete joy, as the realization of a  fulfilled dream floods through you.

May the things on your "want to" list graduate onto your "did it" list steadily as you walk through time.
May each "check mark"  bring you happiness, satisfaction, and contentment, every step worth the climb.

May you see the value in seeing your dreams come true, even if they seem silly, even if they feel small.
May you see the value in making them come true, for the sheer thrill of it, for fun of it, for simply the joy of it all.




Until next week....................


www.margyreidbooks.com














No comments:

Post a Comment