Saturday, August 2, 2014

Summer Half Gone.....Say It Isn't Sooooo!!!

Hi!




Just in case you hadn't filled your cuteness quotient for the week, I thought I should give you a bit of a boost!




It's hard to believe that this wee one will be 10 months old pretty soon!

Time is going by waaaayyyy too fast again...............



This week has been filled with fast moving, busy days that seem to pass in the blink of an eye.

The summer is half over already! It's been really warm, but when I find myself even entertaining the thought of maybe complaining about it, I think about the winter that will inevitably rear it's nasty head................... and then I eat a popsicle. Popsicles are awesome.


To close out a very hectic week, we took a little road trip to Major,Saskatchewan, where I had the privilege of  doing a reading of my stories to a very polite, attentive group. The age range was from 18 months to about 80.  It's always so fun to be able to meet so many new people.

I had only a very small part in the grand scope of celebrations taking place to celebrate the community's centennial.

You know that look you sometimes get from a stranger that tells you that he thinks he knows you? Well, during a homecoming of this magnitude, even being a mere visitor to the community, you get that look....a lot. I couldn't even tell you how many times I had to explain that I wasn't from there and was just there to do a reading....and that was just on the way into the building!

I did actually run into a couple of people I knew and a couple more I am related to. Small world... always.


Having grown up in a small community and pretty much living in them my whole adult life, I can't help but wonder what these kinds of celebrations are like for people who grew up in huge cities.

I graduated high school with a class of 14. We had all known each other since we were 6 or earlier. I can't imagine what it must be like to graduate with a class the size of my entire town. I mean, you would kind of know who everybody is, by name, I suppose, but you wouldn't really know them, know them. You know?

I suppose there are pros and cons to both.

But, as I have only seen the coin from one side, I can't assume what the other side of the coin looks like.
I can only be certain it's a bit more crowded.


So tomorrow we will be catching up on some house and yard chores..........as some helpers are coming to join in the festivities, we will also be sneaking in some grandbaby snuggles!

The rest of the week will consist of me obsessively checking my emails for news on the delivery of "Alfred", and trying to distract myself with keeping up with shop stuff.  I'm not gonna lie, that will be exactly what I'll be doing.



So folks, that about does it for me for another week, until next time, I'll leave you with this wish..................





May every walk down memory lane take you only to the places that were happy, sweet, and kind.
May you only trek down dark trails when there is an absolute need,when something lost, you must find.

May the eyes of all those you meet along the way, be filled with genuine joy to see you.
May the childish heart aches melt away, leaving only warmth for those who caused them, for they were children too.

May any nostalgic journey bring you closer to the core of who you are.
May you know this will be the best trip you will ever take, for sure, by far.


Until next time.............

www.margyreidbooks.com


















No comments:

Post a Comment