Saturday, October 18, 2014

The Princess And The Mistress!



First birthdays are awesome!



The wee ones have no clue what is going on, but they know it has something to do with them, and people show up with toys wrapped in cool paper you get to play with!


Yep, our youngest grandbaby turned one, this week. She is an adorable, bright, not-quite-walking-yet, little ball of fashionista princessiness with a good dose of rough and tumble hockey lover thrown in. One, and already a very complex personality. Love her to bits!



The week has flown by!


The shop was hopping, as always, but I did manage to take Friday off to write. It took pretty much all morning for my heart to give my mind permission to write without feeling like I should be doing something else. I'm sure it will take a bit to really feel like it's ok to take the time.

It's kind of like writing is my mistress, and hanging out with her is like cheating on the rest of my life. But, she is NOT a mistress. She is simply a sometimes bad influence, eccentric  second cousin who is a blast to hang out with, and when I do I tend to lose track of time. That being said, she needs me to take care of her, for if I don't, she will get lost, never to be seen again. I can't let that happen.

Maybe she needs a name. Maybe it should be Buella.


Once I settled in, I did manage to put forth a few pages. What it will turn into, only time and Buella can tell, but I'll be happy to go along for the ride.

In the meantime, I still need to come up with costumes for our upcoming Halloween show! I am open to any and all suggestions. It has to be something fairly simple, and easy to work in. Aaaannnnnd  Go!.........


Rehearsing for said show has been a bit of a challenge, but we are squeaking in some singing here and there. The pipes are bit rusty, but they still work. I'm working on a game involving old tv theme songs and tequila shots.........I didn't say Buella was the only bad influence.......................


The upcoming week will include a busy week at the shop, topped off with a reading in Meadow Lake some time spent with my incredible friend who has no idea how much I appreciate her, and taking in a family get together at my daughter's house.

It will be another full and fulfilling week. I wouldn't have it any other way......



Well, that about does it for me this time around......

Until next time I'll leave you with this wish................




May your week utterly explode with joy, a million little shots of happy become your norm.
May you, as the days grow chilly, be always cozy and always warm.

May a song bring a smile, a stranger's kindness bring a grin.
May you spread beyond what you see, the wonderful mood that you're in.

May the sharing of a smile become a habit impossible to break.
May you see it's so much easier to give than a frown, and much more a pleasure to take!


Until next week!



Thanks so much for taking the time to read these ramblings!


















No comments:

Post a Comment