Saturday, December 13, 2014

Beautifully Flawed and Delicious!











Hi!



Another busy week!



The tradeshow in Battleford last weekend was great, with another healthy handful of books finding new homes. 

It was so fun spending time with some good friends! My daughter included! 

Whenever I get to hang out with my grown daughters, I'm at once, taken aback by the amazing, incredible people they have become, and thrown back in time to the munchkins they used to be.

I remember watching them when they were little, just watching and wondering what life might have in store for them. Hoping for them only happiness, love and contentment, doing my level best every day to give them the tools they would need along the way. 

I know I made mistakes, but as I look at them now, I know must have gotten at least a few things right. 

They are pretty fantastic. 

I guess that's all any of us can ask for, really. To at least get a few things right.  Or, at least not screw them up, altogether. "Right" is relative, anyway, don't you think? It all depends on you, your life, your circumstance. 

So I guess I should say that at least I must have gotten at least a few things right for our girls. Doing my best to match each one with the tool set that best suited them. 

Please don't get the impression that I, in any way, believe our daughters are perfect. I know they aren't. They are beautifully flawed individuals. Our flaws are what make us awesome. All of us.

So, today, two of our beautifully flawed daughters brought their munchkins out to the house to bake some Christmas cookies.

As you can see from the photos, our cookies are beautifully flawed as well. Perfection is never the goal. It would only be exhausting and impossible. We do our best, and even flawed, the end result is nothing short of delicious!



As for the upcoming week?

Well, it will be another busy one at the shop, as we are feverishly trying to get a bit ahead of the game so we can take a few days off at Christmas. 

We will be spending one evening attending our grandson's Christmas concert at his school. Adorable doesn't seem to be a big enough word for how cute those little ones are!

Now that the snowmen have been unleashed, it is time to focus any spare time on getting more baking done. Pies are done, the "fancy" cookies complete, now, for the rest...........

Well folks, that about does it for me this time around........


Until next time, I'll leave you with this wish.................



May your every effort see some level of success, always enough to draw you forward.
May perfection never be the goal, there are always more important things to strive toward.

May acts of kindness come across your path in delightfully, unexpected ways.
May you remember to pay forward each and every one..... always.

May you keep in mind that with your every imperfection, and in every way you are beautifully flawed.
May you know this is what makes you awesome, you are delicious, for you, for this, the world will stand and applaud. 



Until next week............


check out www.margyreidbooks.com 


















No comments:

Post a Comment